Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Where does the line get crossed for pay to win?

P2w when you can buy the best gear without any rng.
At this point, I wouldn't mind if they sold the lvl30 deava set or green lvl 40 manastone stones directly

But I would mind if they sold any PvP gear or the lvl 60 deava set and lvl 60 stones directly

- directly as in you can select hp or mboost instead of the rng ones we have now
Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Asmodians

I'd say it's all good in the shop, yes even AP%+ shop items. But when it comes to having to buy shop items just to be competitive in PvP e.g., some over powered buff that instantly restores HP to full with a 3 minute cool down time... well that would be over powered and a line would of been crossed.

Seriously, NCsoft should be hiring normal people to play the game, to data mine this stuff.

Last edited by Xzanders - Siel; 03-06-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 AM
Asmodians

I dont read now the whole Thread, so dont know, if someone else post it.
Look at Aion EU under Gameforge. For 1 WEEK we can buy the Keys for the AP Chests in Tiamats Eye. And there Aion goes P2W in EU. The Black Market Store here in NA is nothing with the AP Boostscrolls.
http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/news/shop_news_44 <-if it is in german, go to Sprache and switch to english.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Elyos

Shugo event is other ex of Aion P2W
Old 04-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Elyos

Personally I would have no problem with most any item being available for sale, including those useful in pve or pvp. Working for a living shouldn't be a limiting factor for enjoyable game play. Making content more accessible for most players makes the game better for everyone.

Where it becomes an issue imo is when such items are only available for real world cash, or the equivelant gaming time required to earn them is so absurd as to make it a practical impossibility and or simply not worth the effort. One shouldn't have to spend months farming something available in a cash shop.

Before teen angst qq'ing begins, aion is a business. Those paying cash are what makes the game available to all those who don't. Cosmetic items are often an insufficient enticement to part with money for most.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Elyos

Possible to achieve all items sold in cash shop ingame.

--------------------------The Line-------------------------------

Exclusives unachievable ingame sold in cash shop.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Elyos

are players allowed to offer gambling in-game? I saw on lfg TM a 'lucky draw' from an individual with no legion. How would anyone know if there was an actual winner and not just an alt? Lol, Scam?
Old 12-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Elyos

What year is it.
How does the question have anything to do with the thread.
And probably a scam.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 12-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Elyos

How did you google, find this thread, and think it was the correct place to ask that question?
Closed Thread