Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Asmodians
Default Cleric Stigma/manastone build?

hello, im a new player to aion. just got my cleric to lvl 32 and i was wondering:

which stigmas/manastones am i supposed to use if im planning to go full heal spec?

thanks in advance
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Cleric Stigma/manastone build?

If you are going 100% support a few tips:

A) Prep to be in group at all times.
B) Prep to have 85% of your spells resisted if you try to help dps.
C) Find those packs of razor blades you've been hiding in your closet because full heal spec makes you an emo kid.

NOW, for the real info.

As for 100% heal spec, AT END GAME, you should go full Benevolence, sage's wisdom, sympathetic heal, and finally Noble Grace. After 3.0, you should socket the new heal that heals for 2772 if the target drops below 50%.

Some healers prefer Earth's Wrath over Sympathetic heal. However full support should run Sympathetic. It heals the target AND you. I personally don't run w/out it. Full support sucks, it truely does. However it also makes you one of the hardest people to kill in the group if you have relatively decent gear. My plan is to level as CL if I am solo, or if my guys are with me stay Benevolence.

There are other versions of heal spec:
-A hybrid spec that runs Healing Servant and Noble Energy
-Benevolence + Sage's + Earths Wrath + (insert Grace/Noble Grace etc)
-Many others.

I urge you to look at your playstyle while leveling. That will tell you what will work for you. There is no right or wrong in this game. Some clerics do fine without benevolence. Some prefer the healing power it brings. So just figure out what's best for you and go with it.

For leveling, I would honestly stay with more of a DPS set up. Instances you can respec for, but if you are solo while leveling I would go DPS. It will save you a LOT of time/frustration and rage.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Asmodians

Oh I forgot to post about manastones.

That is an old old debate as well. Some K-Aion clerics are going block with an MR of 1900. Another group of clerics full Magic Resist, and another block. Any cleric should have multiple sets and know when to use them.

Again it boils down to your playstyle and what YOU prefer. Use others as guidelines, but at the end of the day it's all about what works for you and everyone else can get nyerked.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Asmodians

Pretty much what Abs said for end game.

When I was leveling, I had traditional chain gear, shield and mace socketed with HP. When you're new, or low level, you don't always have the luxury of a legion group where everyone knows what they're doing, so having the maximum survivability possible was my #1 priority. Until I outleveled Steel Rake, the stigmas I used were flash of recovery, reverse condition, and earth's wrath. Mana management seemed more difficult at lower levels.

A lot of clerics now try a cloth set stacked with Magic Boost and a staff stacked with Magic Boost to maximize DPS and make soloing easier. However, as a new player, acquiring multiple sets is 1.) Very cost ineffective and 2.)You end up leveling so quickly that it isn't worth the upkeep of two sets as you level

As you level concentrate on stacking either HP or MB. As you approach level 50, follow Abs's advice and begin looking into getting the crucible gear to stack with MR or Block for PvP survivability.

www.Andibelle.com Twitter-@Andibelle1221
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Asmodians

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Elyos

No! wtf! do not ever socket sympathetic heal >.< worst cleric skill in game. Can I ask why you want to go full heal spec tho?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroh - Vaizel View Post
No! wtf! do not ever socket sympathetic heal >.< worst cleric skill in game. Can I ask why you want to go full heal spec tho?
Why the Symp heal hatred?

I consider Abssolute to be one of the most respected and better Clerics in the game. I kinda turned my nose up at it and thought of it useless until she told me to give it a try.

I don't run with it 100%, but I swap it in and out from time to time. It is a great skill to have if that is your play style.

www.Andibelle.com Twitter-@Andibelle1221
Old 03-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroh - Vaizel View Post
You do know it heals you and the target right? -.- Healing 2 people at once = awesomesauce. The description is wrong....

Then again, I guess you remain dps spec at all times, solo everything and you and NSN have a nice bubble bath together every night.

I have said time and time again, IT IS A PVP/BENE stigma. Not DPS. Not PVE. It is a vital skill for 100% Full Support clerics and you guys need to quit belittling those who WANT to focus on keeping their group alive. Belittling those who care more about their group's survivability than their own ability to solo.

This game is a group game. Yes it leads to zergs. Yes it leads to people not wanting clerics in group at seiges. Yes there are major drawbacks. But those of you who keep putting down those of us who actually PVP, want to PVP, and care about our group more than ourselves in PVP need to stop. You are not always right. You are not god. If you don't like the stigma the solution is simple. DON'T NYERKING RUN IT! That's the beauty of it.

I urge every cleric to take a look at their own playstyles and judge that way. Some of us didnt choose this game to solo. I think a lot of the population has forgotten that.

Last edited by Abssolute - Siel; 03-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Asmodians

Abss, I have a girly crush on you.

I found Sympathetic Heal very useful when duoing an instance to level my Elyos cleric. Since her HP was so low due to gear it always healed her to full while keeping that glad that was helping me topped off so he didn't die.

But really, if you're going to run full support spec, SH is really an amazing heal once you learn how to use it. Love it for when I'm kiting.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Asmodians

sympathetic heal > healing wind for duo pvp "group" heal