Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: GM Policy Changes for Truly Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdiel - Israphel View Post
What about cases where extraction was clearly in error? I've gotten close to extracting my 50e a few times by having multiple sets in my inventory and I don't think anybody in their right mind would bother doing that for stones.
The reason we will no longer provide extraction restores, is just because even people with items you think would not be of any value extracted would extract them over and over again. I am not saying we will not make exceptions in extreme circumstances, (we always make exceptions...) but as a general rule, extraction restorations are out.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by {GM}spamSL - Siel View Post
There will be changes in 3.0 where enforcing the safe zone will no longer be needed. Also to put this into perspective, NA was the only territory that enforced the safe zone (well, I guess that GF is now doing it.) While the dynamics of combat will change in the area, I have a strong feeling it will not ruin the game.
Thanks for the fast response! I think some of us who have been around a while have the issues that cropped up on some servers prior to the safe zone rules firmly implanted in our memories marked "not fun"...
Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Elyos

Quote:
The reason we will no longer provide extraction restores, is just because even people with items you think would not be of any value extracted would extract them over and over again. I am not saying we will not make exceptions in extreme circumstances, (we always make exceptions...) but as a general rule, extraction restorations are out.
I support this - there will ALWAYS be people who abuse things and ruin it for the 99% who do not. If it was becoming an issue, it was a necessary change.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liniena - Israphel View Post
it's no different than the 50 twinks in Belu/Heiron killing under geared lvl 30-45's

PvP happens.

Also:

That^
Except it is different - those 30-45's can avoid those zones every other week if they are being bothered by twinks.

PvP happens, rofl. You call that PvP?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Elyos

GM Spamsl Will 3.0 coming april 11 have the Rift Debuff up. Hoping no since its a New server and there is no need for it giving the the new players the chance to exp True Rift PVP like it was Back in the day
Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Elyos

Quote:
1. Crafting Skill Removal: We have historically supported the removal of crafting skills of a certain level at customer request. Our support team will no longer remove crafting skills. We will no longer offer this service simply because it will now be possible to have Master or Expert crafting skills reduced to a non-expert level through in-game means. To do this, just talk to the trainer for the expert or master profession that you wish to forfeit. The trainer will reduce your skill to 399 in exchange for a fee.
If we remove a skill craft and then upgrade it to expert again, will the craft retain the designs that were learned before the removal? I was wondering about this because I was hoping to be able to temporarily remove master handicrafting so I can get master crafting in another field, craft a master carved item, and then go back to master handicrafting.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red - Tiamat View Post
If we remove a skill craft and then upgrade it to expert again, will the craft retain the designs that were learned before the removal? I was wondering about this because I was hoping to be able to temporarily remove master handicrafting so I can get master crafting in another field, craft a master carved item, and then go back to master handicrafting.
The Korean patch notes stated that you lose all of your patterns - not sure if that has changed since then.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasiphae - Siel View Post
The Korean patch notes stated that you lose all of your patterns - not sure if that has changed since then.
No minor patches have changed it since.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasiphae - Siel View Post
Except it is different - those 30-45's can avoid those zones every other week if they are being bothered by twinks.

PvP happens, rofl. You call that PvP?
No. I personally think it's dishonorable.

it's also no different than those who camp Udas.

Still dishonorable. But it still happens

PvP happens. toughen up, or there's always /3 to cry into.

PvP isn't about playing fair (to a legal degree anyway....).
Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Asmodians

I wish {GM} Spamsl would expand on what he means instead of doing the typical NC dribble of talking and saying nothing but letting us all assume what he means. Come right out and say what is being done. Don't give us this dribble talk. As to PvP being fair or unfair....everybody should be aware this is a PvPvE game. Granted with the way people play and have been playing since release they really need to change it. Make Channels. instead of forcing people to PvP when they either 1) don't want to, or 2) know they are way under-geard compared to the campers and quit because they can't get out of the fort so they can lvl up. The NA market basically play unlike any other market out there and NC just doesn't seem to understand that we as a people love to shut down the enemy ( whether the enemy is an opposite faction or whatever). It's what we do. If we can't shut down some people then many leave to find a game where they can. So since the concept the game was built on ( PvPvE ) doesn't really work, make it work for how we like to play. The best way to do that is using channels.
Closed Thread

Tags
afk, crafting, dredgion, extraction, restore, safe zone, skills