Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Elyos
Default A way to fix mentoring.

I feel the mentoring system is a bit flawed. I do love that the implemented it but itís just so out of wake. First thing they should do is make it so when youíre mentoring the higher level character will drop to the level of the character they are mentoring too. So by this I mean your stats will drop to the level at which you drop to. You can still wear all your gear and keep all your skills. This would make it so you canít be mentoring to level 15 and use all your big level 55 skills as your mana just wonít allow it. Also this would fix it so that the mentor will agro mobs as youíre meant to do. Second I would like to see it so that the lower level character get a small exp boost, say 10-20%. Let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestion, thank you and hope you enjoy Aion as much as I do.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Elyos
Default Re: A way to fix mentoring.

No.
/10no's.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Elyos

Why fix what isn't broken? They put this in because getting groups at lower levels is challenging at best, since the bulk of the population has been 55 for some time.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Elyos

Um...OP...that idea would basically make it so that no 55 ever has a reason to help out lower levels, ever...lol. I like to run NTC or FT for some grps every other night, just because, but if something like you suggested were implemented then, yeah, I'd never mentor again, lol.

I <3 LFG
Old 04-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Elyos

Not sure how mentoring is broken? Seems like an amazing feature, and your suggestions "fix" Takes all the good out of it.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Asmodians

Don't fix what isnt broken.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Asmodians

I'm kinda unsure what to say here lol I don't understand the problem unless maybe ur mentoring in an area that's above 10 lvls higher than ur mentee then yes the xp sucks but other than that I don't see the problem and I agree that if they implement ur fix I would never mentor again either the whole point of having mentors is to help advance campaigns and quests u otherwise couldn't do . U need the spa and health of mentors to achieve these quests easily but if it bothers u then simply request groups of same lvl players to get ur quests done
Old 04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Asmodians

Mentoring isn't exactly broken, but it can be annoying sometimes. I like running some of the lower level content properly, such as NTC. But when a mentor joins, all you can do is pretty much just stand and watch because everything dies so fast. It makes me feel like a leech.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyune - Tiamat View Post
Mentoring isn't exactly broken, but it can be annoying sometimes. I like running some of the lower level content properly, such as NTC. But when a mentor joins, all you can do is pretty much just stand and watch because everything dies so fast. It makes me feel like a leech.
Then don't invite a mentor. You make it sound like they just jump into your group by accident.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Asmodians

When I'm not the group leader, I don't have any control who's getting invited. And groups for stuff such as NTC are hard enough to come by I just suck it up and deal with it.

Also notable: in rare cases, it can lead to players not knowing how to play in groups. I once had a Templar in SR who said, "I've never tanked before, always had a mentor do it." But, again, that's rare and could happen even with a different mentoring system.