Old 04-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Elyos
Default CAnt DOwNLOAD GAME STUCK AT 0%

hello
i need help, i can not even download the game patch for 3.0. when i launch the download it is STuck at 0%. been like this for 2 hours. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Elyos
Default Re: CAnt DOwNLOAD GAME STUCK AT 0%

A lot of people are having similar problems. You can try restarting the launcher or force closing PMB.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Elyos

Hi
Thank you for the advise i tried to do that, it Didnt work stuck at 0%
Old 04-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceshard - Tiamat View Post
hello
i need help, i can not even download the game patch for 3.0. when i launch the download it is STuck at 0%. been like this for 2 hours. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
Not sure if this was answered elsewhere, although the issue with 0% appears to be either the harddrive has no space or a permissions issue, so silently gives up and the user is not alerted. (Process monitor for the win) So make sure you have atleast 4-5gb of free space where Aion is installed if upgrading from 2.7

The 86% issue I haven't run into as I just figured the 0% issue out. Although while reading into Pando, it sounds like a torrent client and appears currently to have encrypted connection like other torrent clients and 2 connections to a web server for extra help. So it could be entirely possible that as people are so freaked out from having Pando on their machine they are killing the process and stop seeding. Thus peers disappear so the largest single peer becomes the seed (86%) until the client reaches out for more peers. Others may be fixed as the restart might regrab other peers or clear the cached list of peers. (Although if everyone gets stuck which happens for hours after restart this theory doesn't hold up, so who knows.)

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Yanth - Tiamat; 04-11-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceshard - Tiamat View Post
hello
I have the same problem. I think its the NCSoft launcher that's the issue; it freezes no matter what I do and won't let the download start, it just stays at 0% totally frozen. I've opened it as an admin, restarted my computer multiple times, and reinstalled it. It actually started sort of at one point, loading the pando media booster download, which is already on my computer. That refused to download as well. If anyone has a solution to this annoying problem, I'm sure all of us having this problem would love to have an answer ^^,
Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Asmodians

Get rid of PMB, check my signature :)

Aion Technical Issues Fixes:
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showpost.php?p=1365422&postcount=1
Old 04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriandr - Tiamat View Post
Get rid of PMB, check my signature :)
Thanks for the advice; I dealt with Pando on a different game and hated it.

Anyway, I tried doing what your sig says, but it won't let me change anything in that file. Is there a step I'm missing?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Elyos

Koriandr's tip definitely Confirmed.

Entirely disables pando media booster install requirement for aion. even works for lineage 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwater - Tiamat View Post
Uhm....so when I try to open Games.xml, it opens as an Internet Explorer window for some weird reason. I didn't even know I had that installed. How do I open it as a text document or something that I can edit and save?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenglasse - Israphel View Post
Thanks for the advice; I dealt with Pando on a different game and hated it.

Anyway, I tried doing what your sig says, but it won't let me change anything in that file. Is there a step I'm missing?
A couple things to keep in mind is the default install location in program files where Games.xml is located is a system protected directory on windows vista and windows 7 that requires a privilege escalation to allow modifying any files.

This file also likely does not have a default filetype associated with a text editor unless you do any kind of website development or computer programming so you will have to open the file manually.

To change the contents of the Games.xml file you will have to run notepad as admin or the changes will not be saved.

The default install path for the launcher is different than stated by the OP at least for windows 7

C:\Program Files (x86)\NCsoft\Launcher\Config\Default\Games.xml

the above example is default location of the file to edit with notepad.

There are a total of three instances of

<P2P>true</P2P>

to edit to

<P2P>false</P2P>

Save the changes you've made, restart the launcher and happy patch downloading!

Last edited by Xartin - Tiamat; 04-11-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xartin - Tiamat View Post
Koriandr's tip definitely Confirmed.

Entirely disables pando media booster install requirement for aion. even works for lineage 2.

Thanks for the added information. Was able to change the file and am currently re-patching, hoping NOT to get stuck at 87%. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Asmodians

OMG, that worked! <3 you ty so much haha been making me so frustrated for hours x.x Lets hope it doesnt freeze at 87% as well haha