Old 04-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Asmodians
Default L60 Campaign Quest: The Serpent of Fear

Has anyone been able to figure out what to do for this quest when it tells you to go to the Heart of Petrification during siege warfare? I went there while it was vulnerable and received no update for the quest and am not sure if our faction is supposed to successfully conquer the Heart, or if there's something else I'm missing...

Please help...Trying to get the L60 Daevonian quests.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: L60 Campaign Quest: The Serpent of Fear

go to the fort during vulnerable time , your quest will auto update.

There will be an NPC at the bottom of the fortress stairs, that you need to talk with. He will tell you to acquire the claw of the Tiamat that spawns in the fortress (the dragon needed in order to cap the fort) .

After your faction takes the fort the claw will appear where he dies.. Pick it up, and finish camp
Old 04-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Asmodians

I did go to it when it was vulnerable and it didn't update. Still shows (Incomplete) for that section.

I don't get it...Wish these quests were a little more clear.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Elyos

Not sure if you've finished this quest already, but...
The joys of reading can be pretty miraculous.

There is another option to speak with the shugo merchant on the other side of the room to hunt 5-ish scorpion mobs right outside the fort, in exchange for the claw rather than going and capping that specific fort.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Asmodians

The real trick is actually talking to the NPC without getting smacked by a league. I'm still working on that part.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Asmodians

i did the side quest for the claw .. do i still have to go there for the update? Eylos have that perma on Tiamat .. do I have to go there and just get killed for the update?

Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellic - Tiamat View Post
i did the side quest for the claw .. do i still have to go there for the update? Eylos have that perma on Tiamat .. do I have to go there and just get killed for the update?
You have to go there for the update, then talk to a NPC, then take the fort for the claw (you don't have to be top DPS, just be there when your faction takes it).
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Asmodians

On Tiamat asmos take left... Eylos take right forts. So I will probably never see that fort. You can get the claw with a side quest..so really all I need is for the quest to update...I guess I will suicide and see what happens. Wonder were and for how long the quest guy sits there.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Asmodians

I did the part where we have to scout the fort during siege, needless to say i exploded in 0.1 secs, however i need to talk to an NPC named Benjal. I tried to locate him, but no location. I also looked him up on the armory, but the armory doesn't have any of the 3.0 NPCs or their locations.

I also read that there is a shugo to get a claw, but to start that part i need to talk to Benjal, and I can't even find him. Where is that shugo located also? not inside the fort I hope... Elyos own it.

Asking in LFG or in region chat doesn't help either, no one is answering.

Can anyone help me out please?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Asmodians

The Shugo is in the friendly, neutral fort with all the other quest givers and stuff (I forgot the name). He'll give you a dirt easy quest that rewards the claw.

When I did this, I went to the start of the wind stream, kisked, and waited until two minutes after the siege started. Once I got there, the Elyos zerg had busted down the gate and was inside, leaving only a scant few outside who didn't notice me in time to prevent me from talking to the NPC (or slipping away). I had brought 4k DP to use for Tremor to shield myself, but that turned out not to be necessary.

The good news is, you only speak to the NPC once. He'll send you to go get the claw, which you turn in to someone in a far more sane location, I forget who.