Old 04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Elyos
Default Mithril Medals...

So, for now I have to agree it is quite easy to get Mithril Medals with the quests. And yes, the quests were like the old ones for Plats (30x Repeatable).

But before in 2.0, you could atleast be guaranteed 1 Plat, Usually 2, and sometimes 3 from Fort Defenses.

Now we are left with the Hearts. (From speculation I have heard top 24 get 1 Mithril Medal). Now, with how quick the hearts go vulnerable I will agree that 1Mithril is quite fair. But, being a chanter there is no way I can come in the top 24 to get a Mithril.

I decided myself that I will go for the long grind and get the 2.1mil AP staff, but I am left thinking, how will I get my other pieces once I am done with that? 180 Medals, so once I am done with my staff I will be able to get 1 (Maybe 2) Mithrils a day from the infinite repeatable quests, and 2 a week from the weeklies.

It would take an exceedingly long time to get my accessories or armor after that.

(I have yet to do the new AP instance, but I can assume it will be like Eso with 1-2 Plat Medals a run, and sharing that amongst 6 people... well... GL.)

Not a QQ Post, just some food for thought.

TL;DR: Not a good consistent way to get Mithril Medals as a low DPS class once you have finished your x30 Repeatable Quests.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Mithril Medals...

you can earn mithril as a chanter. lucimon and symastrist regularly get mithrils from heart sieges. sure, it's a little harder for chanters to get up there, but with only 24 spots, only the best of every class will get mithril.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Elyos

Trust me, being on Tiamat all of the top 30 are Sorcs + Sins.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Asmodians

I agree the repeatables should be more than 30 times. Because 4x30 is only 120 medals and that doesn't even get you the chest (best one).

As a templar my DPS is really not -awesome- and the only way for me to get mithril at forts is to xform at every siege. Which means that I won't be able to derank until I feel I have enough mithril for at least 2 pieces of the set... or more :/
Old 04-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra - Tiamat View Post
Trust me, being on Tiamat all of the top 30 are Sorcs + Sins.
not true, i know of at least one elyos chanter that gets a mithril medal for the siege
Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Asmodians

Weave like hell, and have a dmg godstone, maybe pop WoW then log off before forts, so you can have 2x WoW?

I saw the new medal requirements and lol'd... By the time you get a full set, new armor will be out.... Would rather stick to EC gear.

Last mashed by Tachinaori - Israphel; 04-19-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Asmodians

The sieges are a joke when it comes to rewards. I'm sure for many there's no point in going at all.

Asmos: Joyful, Fullmoon (Tiamat) Elyos: Dahnte (Israphel)
Old 04-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra - Tiamat View Post
So, for now I have to agree it is quite easy to get Mithril Medals with the quests. And yes, the quests were like the old ones for Plats (30x Repeatable).

But before in 2.0, you could atleast be guaranteed 1 Plat, Usually 2, and sometimes 3 from Fort Defenses.

Now we are left with the Hearts. (From speculation I have heard top 24 get 1 Mithril Medal). Now, with how quick the hearts go vulnerable I will agree that 1Mithril is quite fair. But, being a chanter there is no way I can come in the top 24 to get a Mithril.

I decided myself that I will go for the long grind and get the 2.1mil AP staff, but I am left thinking, how will I get my other pieces once I am done with that? 180 Medals, so once I am done with my staff I will be able to get 1 (Maybe 2) Mithrils a day from the infinite repeatable quests, and 2 a week from the weeklies.

It would take an exceedingly long time to get my accessories or armor after that.

(I have yet to do the new AP instance, but I can assume it will be like Eso with 1-2 Plat Medals a run, and sharing that amongst 6 people... well... GL.)

Not a QQ Post, just some food for thought.

TL;DR: Not a good consistent way to get Mithril Medals as a low DPS class once you have finished your x30 Repeatable Quests.
There are DPS classes that actually end up getting WAY more AP than they would need for a mithril. A lot of those dps classes WOULD APPRECIATE to duo with a chanter just for the hell of it. Find a DPS class to duo with.

I know I practically beg chanters to join me....
Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful - Tiamat View Post
The sieges are a joke when it comes to rewards. I'm sure for many there's no point in going at all.
Agreed! I did get one from the one siege I went to. But I didn't know I was at the siege, thought we were just fighting some monster and I have no clue how to find my way back there yet. I will eventually after I finish leveling up.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Asmodians

So, what I do Mithril Medals? Ancient Crowns? I just got some by accident... (buying ncoin cards at gamestop)