View Poll Results: Did leatrix fix work for you?
Yes 20 37.04%
No 17 31.48%
Maybe 17 31.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Elyos
Default How To: Reduce ping / lag

Here are some programs I find useful for improving my Aion experience
and any online gaming experience in general. Just thought Id share!

Leatrix Latency Fix
(Must have! Seriously, no really!) REQUIRES RESTART
-The best thing you can ever do for your ping (windows)
-Completely free
-Clean one time install
-Reduces ping by ~50%

*HOW TO TEST PING INSIDE AION*
type in chat /ping and it will be displayed in your chat window
(so long as information is shown in window)

--Test ping here www.Pingtest.net

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

TCP Optimizer (Not necessary but may help downloads and internet speed in general, be sure to read a little bit before using, however any change is reversible)
-Improves internet speed in general
-Some experience required, but nothing you cant find online easily
-My suggestion is to set the slider to your approx connection speed and click optimize, dont mess with the other settings unless you know what your doing.

--Test connection here www.speedtest.net to set the bar

http://download.cnet.com/SG-TCP-Opti...-10415840.html

Use a DNS server! (Not necessary but helps)
-Increases internet speed in general
-Easy and free

You can contact your internet service provider or go to their webpage for a DNS address

In windows: (Im using W7 may be different for other versions)

Start -> Control Panel -> network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Click: Local Area connection -> Properties -> Click: Internet protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Check "use the following DNS server Address" -> Copy number from DNS server.

(Be sure to read up and do a little research yourself as well ^_^)

Run Aion in 64-bit mode
(requires 64-bit OS)
If your running 64-bit operating system, try running AIon in 64-bit mode,
its made all the difference for me tbh.. I am loving it!

Ncsoft launcher -> Aion drop menu -> Properties-> "in extra command line" type -64 -> Click ok and your good to go! (delete line to return to 32bit)

My system: (All above work great for me)
x58 pro-e
I7 950
2x gtx 460 1gb OC
10k Raptor boot
4tb software raid 0
windows 7 64
12gb ram

^_^

**Its also important to note that you can undo what TCP does via the program itself by Windows Default.
**You can disable the latency fix via the program itself program.
**You can delete and un-check the DNS server address

I am not responsible for your awesome ping, or if your computer explodes lol

Also, add whatever programs (free and accessible w/ no spyware or other BS pls) that you use to better your gaming experience so I can add it to the list (and use it to gain advantage over you in game :evil laugh:)

Last edited by Kissenger - Israphel; 04-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Aion -Reduce ping / lag ^_^

i'm jealous about your computer =(

thanks for the TCP
Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehuy - Israphel View Post
i'm jealous about your computer =(

thanks for the TCP
Np be sure to backup registry and read a bit before using it though, ive had no problems with it, but heard some things can get.. bonky
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Asmodians

How effective would you say the TCP one is?

DEAL WITH IT.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehkk - Kahrun View Post
How effective would you say the TCP one is?
I dont really have any hard numbers, but i notice a difference, especially in downloads.. but if its just gaming, dont wry yourself too much about it.. only install Leatrix (if your running windows) That is enough by itself..
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Asmodians

just throwing this out there. What may work for you. May not work for others. You really have to find what works for you.

Other options: that I can think of right now.

BattlePing : http://battleping.com/ (there's a free trial that lasts a month so you have time to play around with it)

Game Booster: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html (lowers your CPU usage by shutting down unnecessary programmes that may be running, in turn lowers your ping and increases your fps) and it's free

if not. Break that piggie bank and buy a new system. Most computers now (2011-2012) around the 600-800 range are pretty decently built and can play heavy games like Aion

Last edited by Liniena - Tiamat; 04-19-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liniena - Tiamat View Post
just throwing this out there. What may work for you. May not work for others. You really have to find what works for you.

Other options: that I can think of right now.

BattlePing : http://battleping.com/ (there's a free trial that lasts a month so you have time to play around with it)

Game Booster: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html (lowers your CPU usage by shutting down unnecessary programmes that may be running, in turn lowers your ping and increases your fps) and it's free

if not. Break that piggie bank and buy a new system. Most computers now (2011-2012) around the 600-800 range are pretty decently built and can play heavy games like Aion
true, but I wanted just to give some free accessible solutions.. battleping costs money and the free trial isnt all that ( do they still limit you to how long you can use it during play? ) I had battleping for a while, it didnt do too much for me, I heard its better used for players who are connecting to a game server from another country or really long distance.

Heard of gamebooster, but I do that on my own xD (Task manager all day erday!) Thanks, Ima look into gamebooster and see if its worthwhile for myself, if so Il add it to my op
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Elyos

nothing wrong with my connection.still lags only when playing aion
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urtv - Tiamat View Post

Ah New Yorker, I used to live in Williamsburg Bk, shty connection for me there xD

have you tried Leatrix? If that doesnt work do you have 64bit? Ive noticed for me, aside from leatrix, the 64bit client smoothed out my game a LOT. What kinda graphics card do you have?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urtv - Tiamat View Post

Yeah, this is the situation for me, too. I only lag in Aion. I have 35 megabit FIOS, which normally doesn't even flinch when I'm dual boxing in other MMORPGs (like Rift, and had no lag in Tera's betas, have none in CoH or Everquest 2 and WoW is lag free even when multiboxing as well).

But here in Aion, I get lag. PMB has been deleted, and I never file share or run TSRs in the background on my PC.... Now maybe it's time for some IP bans so Gameforge peeps can get back where they belong, and maybe it's also time NCsoft coughed up a BZ server to reduce NA lag as well....
Closed Thread