it makes me wanna play GW2

it just seems to be perfect.

but I still have some faith left in Aion

man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40k3VAmcW1I
Old 04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Elyos
Default Re: The more GW2 Videos I watch I the more

So you are like that just watching videos of GW2?

believe me, once you play it you will want the game to launch NOW!.....and i dont even like that kind of graphics.

GW2 is A M A Z I N G . . .

At least for me.

Last edited by Ravis - Tiamat; 04-24-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Elyos
Thumbs up Re: The more GW2 Videos I watch I the more

ive been putting the message out

the server to be in is Sorrow's Furnace

my guildies and i are going to be ruckusing the nyerk out of nyerk this weekend with the people ive already talked to from aion, and all you other cool and attractive aion people are invited to join in

even you sharpie

Last edited by Doughnut - Tiamat; 04-24-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Asmodians

It is the only game that really made me think about it, i knew rift would be fail and tera quickly lost its credibility.

Hello I have just made your aquaintance and this is quite foolish.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Elyos

I already downloaded the client ^______^

Come on, Fridaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Asmodians

5 years and counting on this game...sigh

latest find, PvE but epic nonetheless...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFKFq...eature=related

If anyone looking for a solid pvp group msg me on forums
Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Elyos

People hype up GW2 like it's the second coming of God. I don't see anything special about GW2 since it's another typical tab target MMOs, where you have to grind and grind to level up your skill and acquire gears. It's another time sink MMOs in order to get anything.

As far as class uniqueness and contents, there isn't none. Each class will have the same skill set based on the weapon being used. The world is said to be persistent. I think that's a lie from what was said in youtube there is no "zone" per say. Level difficulty of creatures will adjust to your character's level. Basically, you can kill the same mob at level one with level 1 difficulty but now with level 50 difficulty if you're a level 50 character. Similarly, instances level difficulty increases from storyline (easy mode) to 3 explorations (hard mode). The game might have random dynamic sequence in the game and people will think it's cool at first, but later it's probably going to be annoying and predictable.

I will wait on GW2 or outright skip the game.

Last edited by Gheniss - Tiamat; 04-24-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheniss - Tiamat View Post
People hype up GW2 like it's the second coming of God. I don't see anything special about GW2 since it's another typical tab target MMOs, where you have to grind and grind to level up your skill and acquire gears. It's another time sink MMOs in order to get anything.

As far as class uniqueness and contents, there isn't none. Each class will have the same skill set based on the weapon being used. The world is said to be persistent. I think that's a lie from what was said in youtube there is no "zone" per say. Level difficulty of creatures will adjust to your character's level. Basically, you can kill the same mob at level one with level 1 difficulty but now with level 50 difficulty if you're a level 50 character. Similarly, instances level difficulty increases from storyline (easy mode) to 3 explorations (hard mode). The game might have random dynamic sequence in the game and people will think it's cool at first, but later it's probably going to be annoying and predictable.

I will wait on GW2 or outright skip the game.
1) Tab targeting is optional. You don't need to tab to anything to hit it.

2) Every game has grind of some sort. The only thing that differs is how well the grind is masked, and GW2 (seems to) do that very well. Levels aren't as important as in other MMO's. It's only there so that people feel as though they have a sense of progression (according to a developer's statement I read a while ago).

Leveling up after level 30 is about 90 minutes per level, and you barely notice that. Gear is also easier to obtain than most other MMO's, since gear isn't as important as in other MMO's. Even then, that's only for PvE. If you jump into Structured PvP, you're level 80 with the same set of gear as everyone else, with all trait points and skill slots unlocked.

3) A thief with a pistol does not have the same skill-set as an Engineer with a pistol, nor does an Elementalist with a staff have the same skill-set as a Guardian with a staff.

4) There are zones. They're just not divided like in Aion.

5) Creatures don't adjust to your level. You get scaled down if you enter an area that's meant for a lower level than you currently are, but there is no up-scaling. You're a little bit stronger and you have more skills unlocked, but you're not 1-shotting everything.

Last edited by Adamant - Tiamat; 04-24-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpsmile - Tiamat View Post
it makes me wanna play GW2

it just seems to be perfect.

but I still have some faith left in Aion

man.
Can you stop posting GW2 in AION forum>?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheniss - Tiamat View Post
i honestly havent hyped anything before let alone a game, but since the NDA is gone i played 3~4 betas of GW2 and all I can say is that it is a complete fun game to play. The pvp is insanely fun and competitive, in aion terms, imagine the best PvP dred you had with no mobs, full out objectives, and your score remains after it ends on a ladder of points where other teams can challenge you. Not to mention the no rng in kds, godstones, 100%to0 lockdown....etc
there is zero grind in GW2, go kill mobs and see ur exp bar...will hardly ever move if your just standing there killing mobs...the quests are dynamic in the sense that as you are exploring the map you get quests to complete. The charc development is very unique to the race you pick, different starter zone "I mean totalllllly different worlds for each race", and you basically write your own history with gods/relics/elements you may choose to follow

The game has so much to offer that it really is hard to even sum it up.

As for targeting, play it and you will know, you may tab a target but ur skill wont hit them you will have to time+place your skills in order to do dmg, you can evade an arrow to the knee so to speak