Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Asmodians
Question Where is Aion's Construction Guide???

If I google I come up with an irl contractor. Someone somewhere has to have made a guide by now.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Where is Aion's Construction Guide???

Your time to shine, make one.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 AM
Asmodians

Yeah, sure, right. Since I don't kno nutn I'll be everyone's guide. Luv blindo lead blindo.

Here ya all go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianya - Siel View Post
Three things to always make sure of when doing the expert test:

1. Be level 30.

2. Do the final work order.

3. Be in Panda/Sanctum

Good luck!

Be careful of the Expert Construction Tables in the housing district. They give no advantage but make you buy an extra ingredient that costs a lot. Just make sure you're using a Regular Construction Table.

Oh, and so far it does not look like this craft makes any real money. There are not a lot of people who NEED furniture so they are not so desperate to buy your goods. Even if they get the free apartment housing only role players actually use it. Most people want to zip to the highest lvl, brag they conquered the game, and go play something else.

Plus, recipes are very hard to come buy. Only the npc you buy materials from has them. You will never see a recipe on the AH. There is not very much furniture in the game. Bright note tho is that the beds, couches, and chairs are usable and have animations; they're not just for show.

There might be an abyss recipe out there but you have to be high lvl n'its prolly not that impressive.

No matter how expensive furniture is on AH it's cheaper to buy than craft it. Wish I'd chosen to level something else up.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 AM
Asmodians

On the contrary, I have found the special tables and supplements very useful. It is not a waste of money if you want to level the craft quickly. It's like having double craft XP, and is especially useful in the higher levels, when you can no longer do work orders.

I have also found construction to be somewhat profitable, but it goes around in cycles like any other craft.

I don't know where you get your statistics regarding how "most people" play, and I am not sure it's accurate.

There are no abyss recipes. I already checked Tigraki Island. maybe they'll have something more in the next patch. Since the only recipes are available at the vendors, they are actually quite easy to find. The crafting vendors in the capital cities, and the housing main village each have the regular recipes. The special craft vendors in Sarpan have the fancy designs. If you zoom in on the map you can find them easily.

If you gather/morph your own materials, and purchase the construction flux plants; it's really one of the more cost effective crafts.

Tip: Plants can be stored in that little box that you can access when you go into decorator mode, so it is possible to have more than 3 plants in a studio. Just switch them out once you've gathered from them.

Twitter: BuffkittenVZ|Tumblr: http://buffkitten.tumblr.com/
Old 05-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Elyos

I have decided to go the construction route and I'm quite liking it. The chance to make an improved item is worth the money I have put into the craft. All items I have put on the AH have sold.

In addition, I have started a recipe book with pictures of all the items you can craft. Granted, I'm still a Journeyman crafter, but I will add to the list as I get new recipes.

If you care to see what I have it is at http://jensbiglife.wordpress.com/construction-recipes/

The recipes I have so far are for Asmodian materials, but I have recently made an Elyos and will update my list for Elly and Asmo alike.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Elyos

Thanks for the guide Dritza, it's looking great so far and I'm looking forward to the elyos side.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Asmodians

Really nice guide, thank you
I'm curious though if only decent level crafts get sold. I was thinking of making quite a bit of candles as I have a lot of mats for those, from my gathers, but I fear nobody would buy them (and I've seen too many on broker already) and sure I'm not gonna make a shrine of my studio (or maybe I should?.P)
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Elyos

Every candle I have made has sold on the broker. I put up 15 at a time and they all sold within a couple of days. This is on the Israphael server, tho. I'm not sure about markets on other servers.

Thank you for the comments!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Elyos

construction would be better if it allowed you to craft dungeon tools...chains,torture devices,etc
Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Asmodians

Crafted a bunch of candles today, only put 5 on broker cause I always have it full...I went first with the kind that wasn't on sale at the moment, let's hope they get sold. ^^ I could start a religion other way.