Old 05-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Asmodians
Default MACRO:The Beginners Guide made by ASMODEUS

Hello everyone and welcome to the world of macro making i have experimented a little and found a simple solution to creating your own macros to fit your needs very easy to do and as i learn a bit more i will update with better commands and such.. anyway here goes ...

STEP 1. PRESS THE LETTER U this is going to open the macro window.

STEP 2. CLICK ON NEW MAKE 3 NEW MACROS the first one name TIMING the second name it something you will want to see in your quick bar and the third one name it TEST.

STEP 3. JUST SO NO CONFUSION CLOSE ALL WINDOWS THEN HIT THE LETTER K and then THE LETTER U this will open your SKILLS and MACROS WINDOWS.

STEP 4. IN THE MACROS WINDOWS HIGHLIGHT TEST AND CLICK EDIT AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT LEFT CLICK MOUSE IN BOTTOM RIGHT WINDOWS THAT SAYS ENTER MACRO COMMAND then your cursor should be blinking in the empty box waiting for input.

STEP 5. IN YOUR SKILLS WINDOWS hold your left mouse button down on the skill you desire and drag over to macro command window and release it should look like this if done correctly:EXAMPLE:/Skill Devotion I if you have a skill there then your good

STEP 6. JUST BELOW EACH SKILL YOU INPUT YOU MUST PUT THIS /delay 1
for each skill it must be between each one so it will look like this:EXAMPLE:
/Skill Devotion I
/Delay 1
/Skill Hide I
/Delay 1
/Skill Dash Attack I
/Delay 1

STEP 7. ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR ROTATION IN ITS TIME TO TEST IT OUT
in order to see if all are working first get somewhere safe and controllable no agro creatures so you can test without worry and tweak.

STEP 8.CLEAR YOUR COMBAT LOG BEFORE TESTING ...To Do That you left click the LITTLE YELLOW CIRCLE usually near bottom left side just above chat box its THE CHAT PREFERENCE MENU now CHOOSE COMBAT TAB BY CLICK ON IT then HIT YELLOW CIRCLE AND CHOOSE CLEAR TAB you should be left on the COMBAT TAB and it will be BLANK.

STEP 9. START YOUR MACRO LET IT RUN ITS COURSE....if you think its done then kill off the creature if needed preferrably without skill usage or run away doesnt really matter to much ....

STEP 10. SCROLL YOUR COMBAT LOG ALL THE WAY UP BY USEING THE SLIDER ON THE LEFT SIDE OF CHAT .....REVIEW THE SKILLS TO SEE IF THEY WERE USED OR NOT.

STEP 11.IF ALL WENT THRU THEN YAY YOU CAN MOVE ON TO TIMING WHICH I WILL COVER NEXT......IF CERTAIN SKILLS FAILED DONT WORRY BECAUSE ITS PROBABLY RELATED TO TIMING ANYWAY or THERE MAY BE A REQUIREMENT FOR IT TO ACTIVATE.

STEP 12. ::: TIMING :::: EACH skill has a set time to go off after it is pressed and then completed which is represented by our /DELAY 1 the 1 in this case is the time its going to wait till it moves to the next skill so it is important for TWO REASONS for now REASON 1. IF THE DELAY IS NOT LONG ENOUGH FOR THE SKILL TO FINISH IT WILL SKIP THE NEXT SKILL
REASON 2. IF THE DLEAY IS TO SHORT IT WILL SKIP THE NEXT SKILL lol
so basically to determine if you have the delay to short check your combat log to see if the named skill is not in rotation where it should be..
if the delay is to long like in most cases chain skills usually have a small window to active therefore check your combat log to see if it is missing

STEP 13. FIX YOUR TIMING ::::Just because the skills may work in a row doesnt mean your done...THERE IS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT
FOR example lets say you have all your skills in macros they all work thru you could leave them be and be happy it works or you can tweak which is what im going to teach you now...

STEP 14. OPEN YOUR MACRO AND SKILL WINDOWS::::SELECT THE TIMING MACRO :::EDIT THE MACRO:::NOW THE KEY IS TO USE ONLY 2 SKILLS SO IT WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS:::::
/Skill Swift Edge I
/Delay 1
/Skill Soul Slash I
thats it which is an ASSASSINS Chain SKILL
okay we got our 2 skills in now its time to decrease the number 1
your range can go down to 0.1 up to whatever is needed to finish whatever your casting for example ::
/Skill Swift Edge I
/Delay 0.9
/Skill Soul Slash I
i changed the timing just a bit Quicker THE IDEA IS TO TAKE OUT ANY DELAY THAT IS NOT NEEDED so basically you do this with each skill till you weed out delay you dont need or add delay that is needed for a skill to finish....

STEP 15. ONCE TIMING IS DONE you have a MACRO almost worth keeping its time to fix it to your final NAMED MACRO you could leave it the way it is but there is a space limit in the macro window so all skills might not fit you want BUT FEAR NOT FOR I HAVE A SOMEWHAT SOLUTION:::::NOW ITS TIME TO CHANGE YOUR MACRO TO A DIFFERENT SMALLER FORMAT:::::
YOU CAN FIT 10 SKILLS IN A MACRO THATS IT SO HERE IS HOW
:::: seeing as we have many bars to put skills into allready WE HAVE 4 BARS OF 12 SLOTS EACH AND 10 PAGES WORTH SO ITS NOT A PROBLEM TO DO :::
choose a bar page which is represented by usually the number 1 just to the right or the bar skills it goes from 0 to 9 your going to drag all the skills your going to use ever into one of those areas doesnt have to be your main page you can keep that it has no factor which i will explain....OKAY ALL YOUR SKILLS ARE IN PLACE ON YOUR SCREEN now ON YOUR NAMED MACRO edit AND place cursor over the skills that ar on your screen not in your skills windows and drag them into the command box in your macro window what your going to end up with is this ::::::
/Quickbar 1 1 2
/Delay 1
/Quickbar 2 1 2
so on...
so forth
keep in mind you have to add the /Delay 1 between them still
the FIRST number represents what ROW from bottom to top bottom row being 1 moving up 2 then 3 the SECOND number represents what BAR PAGE ITS ON the 0-9 pages you have the THIRD number represents WHICH COLUMN YOUR SKILL IS IN numbered left to right 1-12
once you have changed over to quickbar system with your delay times correct YOU ARE DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEP 16. WELL NOT QUITE last step is to drap your macro icon onto whatever bar so that you may use it finally !!!!!!!then your done !!!!!!

THIS SYSTEM WILL WORK FOR ANY CLASS ITS SIMPLE AND EASY TO DO ONCE YOU DO IT ONCE.

I RECCOMEND you USE the THREE MACRO SYSTEM to FIX TIMING that i have told you doing the names of skills in the TEST will be easier to drag and find in combat log THE TIMING easier to go two at a time to get specific..THEN YOUR MACRO FOR FINISHED PRODUCT BEST WAY TO GO

I WILL BE SUBMITTING ASSASSIN MACRO I MADE at A LOW LEVEL CAUSE I AM LOW LEVEL lol

just to show an EXAMPLE:::
MY BACKSTAB SPECIAL timing isnt done yet and showed names because i have different quickslots placed not all skills are there beacuse of macro space limits thats why you need to quickslot to get 10 skills

/Skill Killer's Eye I
/delay 0.2
/Skill Devotion I
/delay 0.7
/Skill Surprise Attack II
/delay 1
/Skill Swift Edge II
/delay 1
/Skill Soul Slash I
/delay 1
/Skill Focused Evasion I
/delay 1
/Skill Counterattack I
/delay 1
/Skill Rune Carve I

ANYWAY THATS IT FOR NOW I WILL BE GIVING YOU LINKS AND PICTURES TO MORE HELPFULL MACRO TIPS AND MORE COMMANDS WHEN I FIND SOME MORE INFO ........

TILL NEXT TIME HAPPY MACRO RAWR
if you have any quesions feel free to email me at asmodeus3426@yahoo.com or message me thru forum
Old 05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Elyos
Default Re: MACRO:The Beginners Guide made by ASMODEUS

:3 thanks for this rich guide RAWRs
Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Asmodians

The all caps made my eyes hurt.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Asmodians

Very awesome and helpful! Thank you!!

“Be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving & tolerant with the weak & wrong. Because, sometime in your life, you will have been all of these.” - Siddhārtha Gautama
Old 07-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synsuous - Siel View Post
The all caps made my eyes hurt.
I agree. There may be good information but the writing style made me not being able to read it/take it serious.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Asmodians

I had not so much a problem with the caps but I am having hard times with the lack of punctuation and run in sentences. I'm not making fun of you or being a Grammar-nyerk (because my grammar and punctuation usage is not necessarily perfect either), but for most of us, this makes it very hard to read.

You have some very good information here. I'd be happy to clean it up for you. . . even leaving in all the CAPS if you wish
Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Elyos

Hm, I think I will make a taunt macro for pve, will save at least 3 hotkey slots.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Elyos

Well 1st off, thank you for tak
Old 01-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Asmodians

I use an 'Instant flight macro' that interrupts the animation delay when taking off for flight.
Wanna know what it is? Send me an in-game mail to this character name
Or just search the net, heh

Aion Technical Issues Fixes:
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showpost.php?p=1365422&postcount=1
Old 08-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Asmodians

Listening to you people moan and cry about caps and punctuation is a scream. Not a damned one of you teach English in any school anywhere. Save the Grammar nyerk crap for your Mom. THIS ARTICLE was very informative, had you stopped crying long enough to read it. THANK YOU for posting this, as I am now taking my Sin out and exploring the timing of macros. Shame we can't get a crafting Macro. For all those that nyerk about what you posted, keep in mind they were worthless to begin with.