Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Asmodians
Default Duel Wield Gladiator Weapon Choice

What weapon combination should a duel wield gladiator use for PVE for maximum damage output: dagger/sword, dagger/dagger, sword/sword, dagger/mace, etc...? and along that line does it matter what hand the weapon is in? thanks for the advice.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Duel Wield Gladiator Weapon Choice

i've heard good things about dagger/mace. there's no real tests for it, however. only guesses based on the numbers.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Elyos

dagger/mace potentially has the highest DPS output like Caite said.

Reasoning behind that is that you can get the fastest possible speed with dualwield (listed as 0.8) using a dagger in the main hand as well as maximizing the bonus stats of a dagger's crit rate. Since the offhand is affected by the main hand in speed, a mace with a godstone highly affects the other hand's damage. when one side crits, both hands crit and with the mace's high base damage, it really shows. Having a damage godstone will have great modifications as well since maces have Magic Boost that directly affect the damage godstone. enchanting the mace only gives it more magic boost and slotting MB stones make it all the better.

The only possible downside is that there's no dagger/mace sets. But that's not really even a downside. Best thing would be to have eternal crafted ones. Hopefully you'll be able to afford to craft them yourself or someone is able to sell them at hopefully reasonable prices.

The other 2 alternatives are just to get a DW sword or DW dagger set. There are plenty of good ones out there and I will insist on getting the set because of the bonuses they provide. Annoying part is that most sets only get the attack speed bonuses when you have both, I.E. Stormwing and Kahrun (there are others but those are off the top of my head).

I sport the Stormwing sword set and it's been very good since i got them. Planning on upgrading to Kahrun swords cause.. well i like swords. Once i have those, i'll probably craft a dagger/mace for myself just to test it out.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Elyos

Magic boost in your off hand does not affect godstone damage.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Elyos

Vasharti's Dagger + Kahrun's Warhammer doesn't look too bad
but getting beltstorm 3.0 to drop the dagger...
Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiina - Tiamat View Post
Vasharti's Dagger + Kahrun's Warhammer doesn't look too bad
but getting beltstorm 3.0 to drop the dagger...
Love the name for retnus boss. All I ever see is that damn belt.