Old 06-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Elyos
Default Steel Rake Cabin

Can someone please explain me the use of this instance? Are there any quests?
Why are there like 20000 quests for SR but none for SR cabin?

Also, are there any up-to-date guides for SR/SRC? Everything I find is outdated.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Steel Rake Cabin

There are a couple of single quests, and 3 repeatable quests ( 2 of which give you the Gold SR Gear, the other one a coin+coin box ).
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Elyos

Steel Rake Cakin used to be part of the Steel Rake instance.

The original SR instance was a ship with 3 levels. The players would either be running SR Mid at lower levels (now SR Cabin) or SR Low/Up at higher levels (now Steel Rake).

There are a lot of quests for SR Cabin. Some of them can be found in Sanctum and some of them can be found in Reshanta, at the Black Cloud Island. Some of the quests in Sanctum requires you to do a quest from Black Cloud Island.

SR Cabin is far from being useless. The last boss almost always, if not always, drop the gold SR boots. Two of the quests are repeatables quests, one gives you the gold SR hat and the other gives you the gold ST pauldrons (if I'm not mistaken). The SR gear is a set so you get bonuses once you wear 3 of them or 5 them.

Last edited by Gallia - Israphel; 06-03-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Elyos

Telling me "there are..." does not help me at all.
Do you have any nearer information about these quests (level req, NPC/location of quest, name of quest)? I have looked up Sanctum and BCI but the only quest for SRC I found was a repeatable coin quest.
The SR pauldrons are obtained by repeating SR quests (I have that quest currently).

Can SR quests be done in SRC? And vice versa?

Last edited by Lilie - Kahrun; 06-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayleen - Kahrun View Post
Telling me "there are..." does not help me at all.
Do you have any nearer information about these quests (level req, NPC/location of quest, name of quest)? I have looked up Sanctum and BCI but the only quest for SRC I found was a repeatable coin quest.
The SR pauldrons are obtained by repeating SR quests (I have that quest currently).

Can SR quests be done in SRC? And vice versa?
Thank you for answering the players who respond to you that they are not helpful at all. It is an excellent way to make sure they ignore your question the next time, but because it might help someone with the same question, I will answer anyway.

Obviously, you cannot do a SR Cabin quest in SR or vice-versa, they are two different instance.

I don't know what the SR Cabin quest say in the log but I don't think the quest log changed to say SR Cabin. So my guess is you probably have a bunch of quests for SR Cabin without knowing it.

You could just run SR Cabin and find out for yourself which one is which since you're gonna have to run it about 15 times anyway for the gold hat and the gold pauldrons.

SR Cabin quests from Sanctum :

- Snow Blessing
- A Promise to a Customer
- The Manduri Imperative
- Shameless Peperinrinerk
- Hairpin Ahoy!
- The Pirate's Log
- [Coin] Golden Eye Gambit
- The Shattered Stigma

SR Cabin quests from Reshanta :

- For the Black Cloud Traders

SR Cabin quests from SR Cabin itself :

- The Puzzling Blueprint

I can't remember if there are more and I can't remember which one are prequests and which ones need a prequest because nothing in the quest logs tells you that. I thought there were more from the Black Cloud Island

EDIT : Actually, I think the quests that were for the part of SR that became SR Cabin don't have [Group] at the beginning of the quest.

So normally, SR Cabin quest would be "Quest name" and SR quests would be "[Group] Quest name".

EDIT 2 : And I just looked at your level. You cannot get many SRCabin and SR quests at your level. Most SR Cabin quests start at 41 and the SR quests do not appear before at least 44.

Last edited by Gallia - Israphel; 06-03-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Thank you for answering the players who respond to you that they are not helpful at all.
Thank you.
I only thank people who actually help me, and if you just tell me that there are quests but don't give me any further information about those you didn't help me. I think everyone can figure out themself that there are quests, but they dont know which they are and where they can get them.

Quote:
Obviously, you cannot do a SR Cabin quest in SR or vice-versa, they are two different instance.
Obviously, the coin quest is for SR (according to the quest text), but you can do it in SR Cabin, because the monkey is (also) in SR Cabin. And yes, I have tried it before. They text says SR but I did it in SR Cabin.

Quote:
EDIT : Actually, I think the quests that were for the part of SR that became SR Cabin don't have [Group] at the beginning of the quest.

So normally, SR Cabin quest would be "Quest name" and SR quests would be "[Group] Quest nam
This is good 2 know, maybe NCsoft should make it more obvious to other players, I doubt that I am the only player who is confused about it.

Quote:
EDIT 2 : And I just looked at your level. You cannot get many SRCabin and SR quests at your level. Most SR Cabin quests start at 41 and the SR quests do not appear before at least 44.
My ranger is lv 40 but I have another character that is lv 44.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayleen - Kahrun View Post
Thank you.
I only thank people who actually help me, and if you just tell me that there are quests but don't give me any further information about those you didn't help me. I think everyone can figure out themself that there are quests, but they dont know which they are and where they can get them.
Wow aren't you an unappreciative twat. Seriously. Someone gives you an answer that may have not had step by step instructions but they still HELPED.

Sorry, not everyone is going to wipe your hind end for you. The fact that you couldn't take the 5 minutes to run around sanctum/blackcloud to find any quests for mid just screams lazy.

Thank you Protectra XD
Old 06-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Elyos

Kids these days. No respect.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Elyos

Seriously. I was blown away by the rudeness of OP.

*asks questions*
*someone offers some insight*
*thanks for nothing you didn't give me step by step instructions so you are not helpful*
/facepalm

@ OP
Way to edit your post but you are still quoted in mine.

Thank you Protectra XD
Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Asmodians

Wow rudeness took on a whole new lvl with this thread lol well gallia ur nicer than I would hqve been in response to the "twat" rofl