Old 06-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Elyos
Default Quick macro help please!

Hello, so ive been messing around the macros for essencecapping, and what I have is:
/Select Kukuru
/Attack
/Delay 3
/Select Kukuru
/Attack
/Delay 3
/Select Kukuru
/Attack
/Delay 3

but it only does one then stops? i thought it was supposed to do 3?
i might just be a noob and it only does one or im doing something wrong! please help out I will greatly appreciate it!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Quick macro help please!

Firstly, I don't believe you need to put "Select Kukuru" after each gather since you're never really unselecting it... correct me if I'm wrong. Secondly, how do you know that each gather will take 3 seconds? What if it takes longer? Totally possible even if your gathering skill is high.

And finally, there is little point of creating a macro for gathering. Doing it yourself is probably faster and more reliable. But if you insist, try taking out the "Selects" after the first one and try again.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Asmodians

Here's my gathering macro:

/Select [Variable#]
/attack
/Delay 8

# is a variable number, 0 - 9. To change the variable item, type in the command: /variable 0 kukuru. You can change the item by entering the same command, but with a different target name. Bear in mind, that these variable names will disappear if you exit the game (don't know about logging out), so you'll have to enter them again when you log in.

Just copy-paste these three lines to maximum for continuous gathering. I am by no means an expert in macroing, but I have constructed a few macros for myself that work perfectly for my purposes. If you want me to explain more, then I will to the best of my knowledge.

Happy macroing!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Elyos

ok thanks guys!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Elyos

Bumping this because I have a question or two myself.

Primarily I'm having a problem making a macro using the "Many Skill" example.

E.g. I need a macro that uses skills I have to use pressing Ctrl+(a button). Since I couldn't get an answer from anyone in game nor is there anything useful I've come across on the net so hoping someone here that knows how to use it well can help me with that.
Speak up for people who cannot speak for themselves. Help people who are in trouble. Stand up for what you know is right, and judge all people fairly. Protect the rights of the poor and those who need help. -Proverbs 31: 8-9

Last edited by Xinyue - Israphel; 06-17-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinyue - Israphel View Post
Bumping this because I have a question or two myself.

Primarily I'm having a problem making a macro using the "Many Skill" example.

E.g. I need a macro that uses skills I have to use pressing Ctrl+(a button). Since I couldn't get an answer from anyone in game nor is there anything useful I've come across on the net so hoping someone here that knows how to use it well can help me with that.
Easiest way is to drag the skill from the skill bar, into the Macro window. It'll automatically put in the skill for you.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Elyos

Thanks, but that much I know.

Setting up using the "many skill" example is what I'm looking to know. I guessing by your response (and lack of responses) know one knows. Judging from how the thing is behaving probably safe to assume it's broken or the example needs updating.
Speak up for people who cannot speak for themselves. Help people who are in trouble. Stand up for what you know is right, and judge all people fairly. Protect the rights of the poor and those who need help. -Proverbs 31: 8-9
Old 06-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinyue - Israphel View Post
Thanks, but that much I know.

Setting up using the "many skill" example is what I'm looking to know. I guessing by your response (and lack of responses) know one knows. Judging from how the thing is behaving probably safe to assume it's broken or the example needs updating.
I meant to reply to this days ago, but I keep forgetting, sorry. :<

Okay, have you tried changing the delay amount? Figuring out the right amount is the key for the macros to work. After you've put the skill in, look at it's cast time, add 1 second or 1.5 seconds, or even more if you want. The delay depends on the skill animation, some have a short cast time but longer animation.

Example:
Chain of Earth cast time is 0 seconds. But there's the animation for the skill, which is about 0.5 seconds. So, I add another 0.5 to sort of reset the animation on the character. (Sometimes you need to do this, sometimes you don't, so you should look at the animation the character does and take it from there.)

The macro would look like this:
/Quickbar 1 2 4
/Delay 1

Personally, I don't use the macro using the quickbar, since sometimes the macro skips a skill for no reason, despite the exhaustive testing and editing, and that could be hazardous to your character's health. So I have one set of quickbars with all the skills I use, then another set for just macros and a few vital skills, this way I can easily switch quickbars whenever the macros skips a skill.

Last edited by Babidi - Kahrun; 06-23-2012 at 09:32 AM.