Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Asmodians
Default Godstone proc and 2,3,4 strike weapons

Self explanatory. I've searched quite a while in the google and seen dozens of opinions from different retails about the subject but only a guy actually did make me think. He did affirm that 2,3,4 strike weapons do not proc gs (2,3,4 times when it hits. A wave or hit autoattack).

So the only way to know with precision if it's true would be 1 strike weapon like dagger not be able to proc a GS two times in a roll. Meaning that 1 strike weapon only can proc gs once. "Unfortunately" Godstones may proc over proc, so 1 strike could proc twice or even more in one hit if the proc damage itself trigger another proc and so on.

The only way really to know if it's possible is a glad or assassin using dual pole, dual w swords confirrm that the proc rate is better with S/S than D/D. S/D is confuse because you get 1 strike + 2 strikes. The feeling could be that you actually procs better with s/d than d/d, but not than sword/sword.

S/D is good because the attack speed from daggers in the animation lies to you abit, given the idea you are waving as much as with D/D. But you're in the inbetween attack speed from double daggers or double swords.

Any experienced player with Sword/Sword and D/D and about the your feelings of GS proc'ing? "I am new in the server" some weeks and kinah is vital to me. To spend millions on two weapons for a fake statment sucks. In this case I would stick with dagger/dagger. Faster and the -10/30 attack base wouldn't be important at all in the long run vs faster attacks and waving.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Godstone proc and 2,3,4 strike weapons

Except 4 strike weapons do have a 4 chances to proc a godstone. So yeah.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Elyos

I assume you mean Dagger/Sword. Each strike has a chance to proc godstone.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelandia - Israphel View Post
Except 4 strike weapons do have a 4 chances to proc a godstone. So yeah.
Yeah. I totally agree I'm testing here. this is the main observation reliable one could get. 1 strike dagger testing in pandemonium is not even nearby similar in procs with 1 glad using pole 4 strikes. That only leads us to believe that in fact, 2,3,4 strikes when it hits with autoattacks does proc GS.

So

s/s superior in proc godstones. Aspd 1.2 (wihtout flurry) with 7% gloves, 9% scroll, 18% weapon. 4 chances in proc under 1.2 speed.

s/d superior in aspd 1.0 with the same buffs/gears.

d/d aspd 1.0 with the same gear mentioned.

So
s/d may proc 3 times, speed 1.0 ( scroll 9%, gloves 7%, 18% sword or dagger).
s/s may proc 4 times, speed 1.2 ( scroll 9%, gloves 7%, 18% one sword).

d/d may proc 2 times, speed 1.0 ( scroll 9%, gloves 7%, 18% one sword).

Unless d/d is extended, as I use dual kromedes, there's no reason to use d/d in the long run, unless 1.0 is not the attack speed cap but 0.9 or someting. Yet, you would get less gs procs for 0.1 faster attacks with end game gear 19% weapon, 9% scroll, 8% gloves. That's it.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elener - Kahrun View Post
Yeah. I totally agree I'm testing here. this is the main observation reliable one could get. 1 strike dagger testing in pandemonium is not even nearby similar in procs with 1 glad using pole 4 strikes. That only leads us to believe that in fact, 2,3,4 strikes when it hits with autoattacks does proc GS.

So

s/s superior in proc godstones. Aspd 1.2 (wihtout flurry) with 7% gloves, 9% scroll, 18% weapon. 4 chances in proc under 1.2 speed.

s/d superior in aspd 1.0 with the same buffs/gears.

d/d aspd 1.0 with the same gear mentioned.

So
s/d may proc 3 times, speed 1.0 ( scroll 9%, gloves 7%, 18% sword or dagger).
s/s may proc 4 times, speed 1.2 ( scroll 9%, gloves 7%, 18% one sword).

d/d may proc 2 times, speed 1.0 ( scroll 9%, gloves 7%, 18% one sword).

Unless d/d is extended, as I use dual kromedes, there's no reason to use d/d in the long run, unless 1.0 is not the attack speed cap but 0.9 or someting. Yet, you would get less gs procs for 0.1 faster attacks with end game gear 19% weapon, 9% scroll, 8% gloves. That's it.
This is incorrect. With max attack speed; 19% weapon, 8% gloves, 9% scroll your attack speeds will be as follows

Sword/Sword: 1.2

Dagger/Dagger: 0.9

Dagger/Sword: 1.0

Sword/Dagger: 1.1

Last edited by Fyrelis - Tiamat; 06-15-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Asmodians

all your conclusions are faulty.

basing your weapon off maximum godstone chances should really only happen if you have low confidence in your skill. second, s/d and d/d do not have the same attack speed, aion just rounds the numbers up so its displayed as the same on your screen. It's better to think of d/d atk speed as 0.9, and it makes a bigger difference than you'd think.

Anyways, at the end of the day, you should really only concern yourself with an end-game weapon setup and use the time leveling up to test out different attack speed setups (d/d, d/s, s/s) and see what you find most comfortable. In general, I'd avoid going the s/s route although some people like it. You sacrifice a lot of crit though which in turn ends up making you waste manastone slots.

Although s/s could be more godstone proc chances you should also factor slower attack speed and less attacks registering per second into the equation as well.

Regardless, I would not give godstone proc'ing any value whatsoever into your decision making process with regard to what weapon setup you prefer. Just play around with the 3 setups and decide which weaving pace you feel is most comfortable.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concern - Tiamat View Post
This is incorrect. With max attack speed; 19% weapon, 8% gloves, 9% scroll your attack speeds will be as follows

Sword/Sword: 1.2
Dagger/Dagger: 0.9
Dagger/Sword: 1.0
Sword/Dagger: 1.1

Yeah I'm not using 19% and 8% gear. In my case (18% weapon, 9% scroll and 7% gloves) 1.0 is the max for dagger. At least it shows in the sheet.

then 0.9 is possible with end game gear, in this case dps would be similar between d/d and dagger/sword on offhand, but with less procs of Godstones. 2 vs 3. and 2 vs 4 procs against someone using sword/sword and if he's using flurry, his attack speed will get closer to 1.0 or 0.9 even, not sure.

It makes under sword/sword the best gear if 0.9 is possible under all buffs, or even 1.0 I believe. almost or same speed for 20s and 4 times chance to proc a godstone in the fight.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key - Tiamat View Post
all your conclusions are faulty.

basing your weapon off maximum godstone chances should really only happen if you have low confidence in your skill. second, s/d and d/d do not have the same attack speed, aion just rounds the numbers up so its displayed as the same on your screen. It's better to think of d/d atk speed as 0.9, and it makes a bigger difference than you'd think.

Anyways, at the end of the day, you should really only concern yourself with an end-game weapon setup and use the time leveling up to test out different attack speed setups (d/d, d/s, s/s) and see what you find most comfortable. In general, I'd avoid going the s/s route although some people like it. You sacrifice a lot of crit though which in turn ends up making you waste manastone slots.

Although s/s could be more godstone proc chances you should also factor slower attack speed and less attacks registering per second into the equation as well.

Regardless, I would not give godstone proc'ing any value whatsoever into your decision making process with regard to what weapon setup you prefer. Just play around with the 3 setups and decide which weaving pace you feel is most comfortable.
Yeah, I'm not here to start a fight against governors sins. My question is directed lonely to proc GS, any other advice is irrelant to me. But thanks.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elener - Kahrun View Post
Yeah I'm not using 19% and 8% gear. In my case (18% weapon, 9% scroll and 7% gloves) 1.0 is the max for dagger. At least it shows in the sheet.

then 0.9 is possible with end game gear, in this case dps would be similar between d/d and dagger/sword on offhand, but with less procs of Godstones. 2 vs 3. and 2 vs 4 procs against someone using sword/sword and if he's using flurry, his attack speed will get closer to 1.0 or 0.9 even, not sure.

It makes under sword/sword the best gear if 0.9 is possible under all buffs, or even 1.0 I believe. almost or same speed for 20s and 4 times chance to proc a godstone in the fight.
It makes it S/S 0.9 with flurry. But you'll never need to factor in chance for godstones in your pvp, or at least you shouldn't.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Asmodians

Sorry if I had dbag tone, was not intended.

If you are interested in godstone proc chances I think it is still worth noting that faster attack speed can overcome amount of strikes in weapon. It's also notable that proc rate (%) on offhand is halved for whatever that is worth. I just really think the impact of this is going to be minimal as far as godstone procs per second are concerned.

Of course, I haven't done the math and can't be sure.