Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Elyos
Default Templar stigmas for PvP

Hi everyone, I just lvled to 60 and I wanted to know which one are the best stigmas for a templar in pvp. Btw I can't find Empyrean Fury anywhere... Is it drop from an instance or something? Cause I don't see any npc selling it as it should because its a greater stigma.

PD: Should I use mace or sword for pvp? I am atm using sword but i've seen alot of templars go for mace/shield and GS. If you could help me out a bit i'd appreciate it, thanks everyone!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Templar stigmas for PvP

Hello and welcome to Aion. Your advance stigmas purchase through the sigmas NPC next to the stigma master in Karma in Serpan. If you press P on your keyboard and go to your stigma Tab you'll see the tree options.

Mace. Better white/base damage can hit harder using magic attacks from the MB on the mace.

Swords. Attacks faster, usually more crit, has higher Crit due to the 2.2 Crit mod

If your going Crit/attack build mace
If your going block/Crit or mr/Crit sword

But it honestly comes down to your preference. I have a +10 Kahrun mace and it's doing wonders for me.:D

Just a game there's no reason to think otherwise.
Facebook.com/KratikosTemplar
My PC build http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/tgunsg35/slideshow/PC%20build
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Elyos

Thanks alot. You pretty much answered all the doubts I had. But one last thing... Isn't attack a bit "non-sense" since it really doesn't increase the dmg that much? atm the only manastones I have socketed is crit, is there any crit cap?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Elyos

Empyrean Fury is a level 50 stigma, which to my knowledge can only be attained from the AP Stigma vendors in Sanctum and Teminon Fortress in Reshanta. Fortunately because there is only one rank of the stigma it is relatively inexpensive.

Other reasons not previously mentioned for using a Mace rather than a 1h Sword is that it provides additional Magic Boost (especially after enchanting it) and Magical Accuracy. These stats aid our damage stigmas in making them both more likely to hit and hit harder. The two major examples of this are Divine Justice, and Magic Smash. Also, the MA provided will help the snare from Punishing Wave to take effect, although it will not increase PW's damage due to it being a physical attack.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Elyos

Another thing is... Idk if it just seems to me but is really worth socketing block manastones? It really seems useless to me since block doesn't protect you from magical attacks and with a shield you already have enough blocking ratio to use the skills which requires block to trigger
Old 06-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia - Kahrun View Post
Another thing is... Idk if it just seems to me but is really worth socketing block manastones? It really seems useless to me since block doesn't protect you from magical attacks and with a shield you already have enough blocking ratio to use the skills which requires block to trigger
At my current state of gearing up my Templar, I only have block stones slotted in my sword and shield. This is enough, along with a good hat, to grant you enough block in pve to trigger your abilities / mitigate a good deal of damage.

In PVP, if you're aiming to block shots, you're going to need WAY more block. We're talking about the realm of 3,000. Your block set's no good against a magic user, so you probably need 2 sets. I'd say a 3rd for MR is nice, but really stacking magic resist on a templar lost its edge in 3.0. Can't hope to offset the MA of the magic classes. Could keep you from getting stunned by a sin or something, I guess..
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Asmodians

Thanks Dahm forgot about enchanting/MA.

Block.

For end game PVP you have to well over the 3k mark to be useable. If you read the sticky about block it will explain more about it in PVP.

PVE block is pointless. You block 40% of mobs in a end game instances. It's best to do HP and Crit to 500 for PVE. In less you go tank spec then full HP using taunts your choice and not needed depending on heals.

PVP Crit to 800 and the rest HP or Attack. Why? Anything else you'll need higher stats to make a differents.

MR is still a op stats, but you'll need to be full MR with Aether Armor(stigma) just to counter end game cloth. If your going to use MR for any other class shoot for 1.8k and use AA to counter MA boosters during PVP stack the rest Crit.

My advice read the sticky. It's from one of our better Templars.

Just a game there's no reason to think otherwise.
Facebook.com/KratikosTemplar
My PC build http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/tgunsg35/slideshow/PC%20build

Last edited by Kratikos - Siel; 06-18-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Elyos

Tricia - If you don't have Empyrean Fury then I am guessing you are WAY behind in your advanced stigmas. Make that your first priority, to get all your stigma slots open, and buy the stigmas you need for the DPS (PVP) stigma tree. I agree that a mace is in general better than a sword, and since 3.0 a (Sword and Board) approach to PVP is more viable (I think) with the addition of some new skills that increase damage with that setup, however, s Greatsword is still going to give you WAY more damage, and honestly, the pro templars I see doing PVP use their shields only in certain situations. Don't get me wrong it is definitely a must have! But if you are wanting to get into PVP get a good greatsword setup, you cannot rely solely on a Mace/Shield to get you by:)
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder - Tiamat View Post
Tricia - If you don't have Empyrean Fury then I am guessing you are WAY behind in your advanced stigmas. Make that your first priority, to get all your stigma slots open, and buy the stigmas you need for the DPS (PVP) stigma tree. I agree that a mace is in general better than a sword, and since 3.0 a (Sword and Board) approach to PVP is more viable (I think) with the addition of some new skills that increase damage with that setup, however, s Greatsword is still going to give you WAY more damage, and honestly, the pro templars I see doing PVP use their shields only in certain situations. Don't get me wrong it is definitely a must have! But if you are wanting to get into PVP get a good greatsword setup, you cannot rely solely on a Mace/Shield to get you by:)
Yeah I know. I was just saving the AP until I was sure of what to buy for the PvP tree. However like I said before I couldn't find empyrean fury anywhere.

Just bought Magic Smash VI, Divine Justice VI, Empyrean Fury and Punishing Wave which are the stigmas to unlock Shieldburst II and with that I'll still have one slot of greater stigma to use. I know I can add a normal stigma on it but do you have any ideas of which greater stigma I could use? Or just go with a normal stigma and get over it?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Asmodians

Don't forget Illusion Chains... and if you want to do group PvP, the new Bodyguard works wonders.

Just as a side note, I recommend slotting some accuracy because if yours is 1.7k, that is very very low. Aim for over 2k.

Asmos: Joyful, Fullmoon (Tiamat) Elyos: Dahnte (Israphel)