Old 07-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: If you launch Aion from a .bat file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhole - Israphel View Post
So in the end, that bin64 folder isn't used or the bin from there? I didn't pay any attention to the launcher or monitor the files, just had launcher set up to automatically close when game is opened.
You can run from the bin64 folder directly just change the path to bin64\aion.bin and you wont need the -64 command anymore.

Another tip is you can run the program in higher cpu priority it may improve your fps if you have something running in background, just change your batch file to make it look like this:
start /high bin32\aion.bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafaiel - Israphel View Post
this is good info, any Idea of the AA works with ATI cards as well?
It could be if you rename the aion.bin to aion.exe but could also be problematic with the 64 bit version since many applications and drivers still dont recognize 64 bit programs very well.

Last edited by Astraega - Siel; 07-15-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraega - Siel View Post
You can run from the bin64 folder directly just change the path to bin64\aion.bin and you wont need the -64 command anymore.

Another tip is you can run the program in higher cpu priority it may improve your fps if you have something running in background, just change your batch file to make it look like this:
start /high bin32\aion.bin

It could be if you rename the aion.bin to aion.exe but could also be problematic with the 64 bit version since many applications and drivers still dont recognize 64 bit programs very well.
Aye I'm using heightened priority on the .bat, but this is useless.

Check your priority once your client's actually open adding that code to the .bat. You'll see that it has reset to normal priority, which is a shame (Its easy to change priority but I'm still searching for an automated solution, rather than doing it manually). 99.95% of 64 bit graphic applications are now seamlessly recognized by display drivers, so you shouldn't have any issues regardless of which client version you're using.

Last edited by Nayanu - Israphel; 07-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayanu - Israphel View Post
Aye I'm using heightened priority on the .bat, but this is useless.

Check your priority once your client's actually open adding that code to the .bat. You'll see that it has reset to normal priority, which is a shame (Its easy to change priority but I'm still searching for an automated solution, rather than doing it manually). 99.95% of 64 bit graphic applications are now seamlessly recognized by display drivers, so you shouldn't have any issues regardless of which client version you're using.
Its not useless but you have to run the the game directly from the bin64 exe/bin like i said above if you want to use it for the 64bit version, if you run it trough the bin32 folder with the -64 command it wont work and will reset itself like you said.

Last edited by Astraega - Siel; 07-15-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayanu - Israphel View Post
Very very easy :D

Rename aion.bin to aion.exe, confirm any prompts you might get, and there you go. I'd use a BAT file as follows:

(Copy Paste then save as aion.bat)

start bin32\aion.exe -ip:64.25.35.103 -port:2106 -cc:1 -noauthgg -charnamemenu -nobs -lbox -f2p -loginex -noweb -64

If you want to use the launcher instead, all you have to do is navigate to the NCSoft/Launcher/Config/Default folder, then open Games.xml in notepad.

Within the .xml, find the code line aion.bin and change the .bin to .exe

I'm finding that doing it through the launcher doesn't allow the drivers to properly recognize aion as an exe. AA doesn't work doing it through the launcher, but so far all of my other settings have.
so to run the 64 bit version as an exe you only need to rename the 32 bit bin or both?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Asmodians

You can also launch 64-bit from ARM without messing around renaming folders and bat files.

http://aionrainmeter.tk/

Last edited by MomoDeviluke - Israphel; 07-15-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: *edit without
Old 07-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo - Siel View Post
so to run the 64 bit version as an exe you only need to rename the 32 bit bin or both?
You only need to rename one. However, the poster who responded to me with a very good point, Astraega as it were. Something I actually wasn't aware of--

If you change the aion.bin in your /bin64 folder to .exe and then change your .bat file to

start /high bin64\aion.exe -ip:64.25.35.103 -port:2106 -cc:1 -noauthgg -charnamemenu -nobs -lbox -f2p -loginex -noweb -64

Then you will actually also get the high priority to stick. So far adding or subtracting the -64 has changed nothing, so I left it on there (All of my driver settings are sticking, both on this computer and my alternative ATI computer nearby).

This .bat is pulling an aion.exe from the /bin64 folder, meaning you'd definitely have to rename that file. You can leave both as .bin, but then you'll run into the driver issues again..
Old 07-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Elyos

ok I'm not a fan of messing with windows priority settings but will try the exe thing to see what changes I can make with the nvidia driver.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Elyos

hmm so I can't really do anything with it renamed to an exe file that I couldn't already. I still have to reload the game for the driver settings to take effect. I am missing something? Also if you could suggest what settings to change in the NV cp for the best quality please do.

Last edited by Jojo - Siel; 07-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Elyos

Well, tried a few things, the .bat loads faster than the old one I was using before the update, but still can't get forced AA to work with aion on my 5770's.

Ah well, it was worth a shot.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Elyos

Anything change on 3.1? Trying both 32 and 64bit giving me some funky Gamesystem Interface bug.