Old 07-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Elyos
Default Level 50 armor sets

I'm about to turn level 50 but my armor absolutely blows. I know about the Abyss gear, Cruc gear, and miragrants (whatever) gear, but what should I get or work for? I've been running tlabs/adma instances but that obviously isn't for armor. Any help would be great
Old 07-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Level 50 armor sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmagnusx - Siel View Post
I'm about to turn level 50 but my armor absolutely blows. I know about the Abyss gear, Cruc gear, and miragrants (whatever) gear, but what should I get or work for? I've been running tlabs/adma instances but that obviously isn't for armor. Any help would be great
preface: At lvl 50 you should probably already have one of the following sets to continue on:
Steel Rake set, 30e set, 40e set, or blue TL/AS set. You can get away with graceful as well, but it's not great.

My personal PVE recommendations:
Make sure you are doing your daily EC dungeons (group, solo, pvp) and work your way up to the eternal PVE chain set as it has excellent heal boost. It's a free set that just takes a while to earn.

In the mean time, I'd say run udas and begin collecting that chain set until you can replace with above EC set.

For solo/small group pve, work on collecting the stormwing cloth set. It's a big of a pain to get because you'll be fighting sorc and SM, so always be sure to let people know before you start that you are rolling for cloth and not chain. This keeps things fair.

PVP Recommendations:
Work on getting the lvl40e chain set. Very very very easy to get now and mega cheap to +15. It should hold you off until you get your lvl55 or 60 accessories, followed by the 60ap set.

EDIT:
If you're twinking (lame and shame on you) and just want 50 armor, Get miragents and plus it up for pve. For pvp get your lvl50 accessories followed by armor.

Last edited by Oerbafang - Tiamat; 07-20-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerbafang - Tiamat View Post

PVP Recommendations:
Work on getting the lvl40e chain set. Very very very easy to get now and mega cheap to +15. It should hold you off until you get your lvl55 or 60 accessories, followed by the 60ap set.
I completely disagree with this. 40e is like paper now, even +15. I would at the very least go 50e.

Crucible gear is great for PVE, but unless you're focusing on PVE, I would just run Arenas and focus on getting the cruci PVP gear. If you have the patience, get cond 2. It'd make a decent MR or MB set. Just save for the L60 stuff as you level.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirin - Tiamat View Post
I completely disagree with this. 40e is like paper now, even +15. I would at the very least go 50e.

Crucible gear is great for PVE, but unless you're focusing on PVE, I would just run Arenas and focus on getting the cruci PVP gear. If you have the patience, get cond 2. It'd make a decent MR or MB set. Just save for the L60 stuff as you level.
The amount of effort it takes to get the lvl 40 stuff compared to 50 is HUGE. One could easily get a full set of 40e over a week where as the 50e set takes a lot of farming and repetitive work. I consider the 50e set obsolete in this version of the game... the 55eternal EC pvp stuff is 'better' and can be obtained in a fraction of the time it takes to get 50e.

For pvp, 40e -> EC pvp 55 lvl2 cond -> 60abg
Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Elyos

55ec is crap when you wont be able to +10 it
50e gives better offense stats and is easier to +10