Old 08-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Elyos
Default Aion Pay to Win

I love how early on with 3.0 NC said that they are not going towards Pay to Win style, yet have those enchantment boxes for sale... So basically.. buy your +15 everybody!!! Lol..
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Aion Pay to Win

oh yes let me buy 15 stones so i can +15 my weapon
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Asmodians

You guys forget that they mean business not charity.

There's a monthly limit to how much you can spend maximum. I think it's 400$, then maybe but maybe you can +15 some stuff, but still not all lol.

Last edited by Kowo - Siel; 08-03-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Elyos

$400 a month is a lot.. and well enough to +15. You forget that at the start of 3.0 they said that they will not turn to Pay to Win items in cash shop, as you can see, being able to buy enchants... is a HUGE deal. I mean some minor stuff like a title that boosts stats is ok.. but being able to hit 60, and buy your enchants with cash is so stupid.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Asmodians

Never seen a free to play game that's not pay to win, so why be surprised
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Elyos

Well its not as if these stones dont have the same chance to fail as any other stones...
as it is you only save yourself some farm time... maybe... and for a a huge price aswell
If the stones had a 100% chance i would consider it p2w and probably leave the game since i despise p2w games.
In my book they haven't crossed the line to p2w so far (taha weap for cube was close trough).
I would rly rly like some more outfits and cosmetic stuff in the shop i know there are way more outfits allready in the game that could be used.

Last edited by Silberpfeil - Kahrun; 08-03-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Asmodians

I've played many a P2W game, and I agree with Silberpfeil, Aion hasn't yet crossed that line. They don't exactly "sell power"... but they sell you simplified means to hasten your pursuit of power. For example, they don't sell you courage insignias, they sell you boost packs that increase the amount of courage insignias earned. Selling enchantment stones that have the same fail rate probability of any enchantment stone you can find in the game, isn't selling power, it's giving you the option to pay with kinah OR cash money.

Either way, the cost of enchantment stones over level 80 was retarded, and I feel this offer helps to alleviate some of that inflation by pushing more of them onto the market. Same as what they did with those life leafs when the bikes were introduced. Cost of them was crazy high, then they put some on the market, and the broker prices were deflated significantly. In my opinion, I have no qualms of them putting up items that are super over-priced due to extremely limited supplies to help the in-game economy. They just need to put those felicitous socketing supplements up more frequently.

Last edited by Vortumnus - Tiamat; 08-03-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crailsledge - Siel View Post
Aion hasn't yet crossed that line.
^^this and when it does I'll be the first to quit :P
Old 08-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neriene - Israphel View Post
Never seen a free to play game that's not pay to win, so why be surprised
Guildwars.....you had to buy the game but no monthly sub. Was never ever p2w type.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Asmodians

Derp, all i got to say