Old 08-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Elyos
Default Quick question about essencetapping / aethertapping

Do these skills level off an experience based system? Or is getting a skill up a random occurrence, with a higher chance of success the closer the item you're gathering is to your current skill level? Thanks.

Last edited by Ombos - Israphel; 08-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Quick question about essencetapping / aethertapping

It's xp based. You get more XP from items that are closer to your tapping level. If the item is too far below your level, you will not gain any XP.

"Just because you do not like something doesn't mean it is broken."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Phenteo
Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Asmodians

So, would it be most efficient to gather stuff that's about 35 points below you, just because your bar will (more often than not) fill super fast and the failbar won't fill hardly at all? Then quickly on to the next node...

or am I totally wrong?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Elyos

If I recall correctly you only get XP from "nodes" that are within 40 levels of your gathering level. So a lvl 100 item will only give you XP until you hit 141.

There appears to be a greater chance of failure for nodes at or about your level. The trade off is that the XP gain is greater also.

"Just because you do not like something doesn't mean it is broken."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Phenteo
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Elyos

In my experience, to make the esencetapping level faster, you need to gather sustances that you see with their names in yellow (0-20 levels below). they take more time and can fail sometimes but you need to collect so much less of those to gain a level.

With this, you probably will see that you expend more time running and looking for the gatherables than gathering. So in this way you will run and search less.

PD: and i saw that gatherables between 16-20 levels below yours are in yellow but areless profitable than 0-15 below your level)