Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Elyos
Default European players

Hey guys,

Now that Aion NA has gone "truly free" there are European players who want to either start with, or move to Aion Truly Free.

Aion Europe is still p2p. Full acces can be bought with ingame credits (so, Kinah), but is insanely expensive (16kk and increasing). So basically mainly the casual gamers are forced to buy full acces in the shop. Especially for people like me and my friends who are casual gamers and don't want to feel the pressure of time to be forced to play it is a pain.

Is NCsoft limited by contract with interfering with Gameforge? Because my question is: can't NCsoft set up it's own European server, or an American server with European siege/arena times?

I hope I won't be bashed by creating this topic, with truly free you actually have the feeling you "donate" money in order to keep being able to play instead of being forced to pay to be able to play. We would like that as well :).

If the topic is closed I know enough :P (then it was at least worth trying)
Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Elyos
Default Re: European players

Yes, they're limited by contract.
NCSoft cannot directly market to EU players, this includes:

-Opening an EU server.
-Opening an NA server, with EU times.
-Advertising for EU players.

Otherwise though, they are more than welcome to enjoy the game as I and many other EU players here have been!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxillian - Siel View Post
Hey guys,

Now that Aion NA has gone "truly free" there are European players who want to either start with, or move to Aion Truly Free.

Aion Europe is still p2p. Full acces can be bought with ingame credits (so, Kinah), but is insanely expensive (16kk and increasing). So basically mainly the casual gamers are forced to buy full acces in the shop. Especially for people like me and my friends who are casual gamers and don't want to feel the pressure of time to be forced to play it is a pain.

Is NCsoft limited by contract with interfering with Gameforge? Because my question is: can't NCsoft set up it's own European server, or an American server with European siege/arena times?

I hope I won't be bashed by creating this topic, with truly free you actually have the feeling you "donate" money in order to keep being able to play instead of being forced to pay to be able to play. We would like that as well :).

If the topic is closed I know enough :P (then it was at least worth trying)
EU id F2P but how it seems most of the EU company's and RU company's do it is the premium accounts to enjoy the game if not then you will be left in teh dust
Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Elyos

@Jambo

If that is the truth then NCsoft must have a pretty good agreement with Gameforge as in the advantages for NCsoft for not being able to move on the EU market with Aion anymore.

Anyway, I will stay on NA no matter what, but I really liked to Siege and will miss not being able to do so anymore due to the time (I live in the Netherlands, so it takes place @ 4-5 AM here)

Ping is also an issue unfortunately. So the choice was really hard, but full content = most fun. I guess we'll focus on rifting then :P

@Zileth

That is exactly the situation as it is right now. It is not free to play, it's more like a trial or demo. Most people have to purchase a "Gold Pack" first to be able to start using the broker and being able to make money to buy a Gold Pack with Kinah in the broker. And even then it's hard for most people to make 16kk a month.

Last edited by Maxillian - Siel; 08-24-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Elyos

I personally use https://www.wtfast.com/ to lower my ping after it was recommended on here.

Lowered mine from 220-250 down to 150ish. (I live in the UK)