Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Asmodians
Default Cleric manastones

Let me know if im right...

when you want a cleric for pvp you use magic boost + m. accuracy?
when you want a cleric for pve you use magic res + hp?

Please answer and thank you :D cause I m a bit lost...i wanna use all manastones but don t have enough spaces so...what would be the best for a pvp cleric and also a pve?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Cleric manastones

AFAIK, it's the other way round
Clerics don't really need a lot defensively in PvE (at least, with a competent group), so they mostly stack Magic Boost and Help DPS.

In PvP, they are often focused, so MR and Block builds are more valid/useful.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Asmodians

Read the sticky!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Asmodians

Tell me more about this mystical DPS healing build you use?
Cause i know i have a Healing boost hp set for pve healing.
If i want to help dps i just change weapon and if im not really healing much at all i swap my armor with a simple macro.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Elyos

The way I was told was to stack HP at lower levels, and it proved to be a good strategy for me. It's very easy for clerics to get aggro since not everyone bothers with good lowbie gear or sockets it. Your groups may not even know the instance like they think they do... Just the other day, I was with a tank that kept making terrible pulls...

Once you really start to pvp more (not sure what level you are or aiming for), then I'd say start dedicating to an armor. I suggest thinking about what class you fight the most and pick a stone against that class. I hate SMs, hence: MR set. If you decide you want an MB set, make sure you have enough MA, too. Don't use more than 2 types of stones per set because a jack of all trades means you won't have enough of any stat.

My 60 cleric has an MR cloth pvp set and an HP pvp set that I use for pve. If my group is proving competent, I switch to my MR set since it has more MB base stats, pull out a staff and help dps. Dredgion-wise with a strong team, I've rarely had a problem running around in HP. Would it work well in open world pvp? I don't know - my computer doesn't handle that well. I stopped doing Arena of Discipline a while ago but I did fine in my HP set there (except against clothies, hence MR).

I never considered a set with HBoost stones, but that's user preference. I was just going to get the Kahrun chain set and make that my pve set since it has best Heal Boost of the current chain armors.
Israphel: Ketterine (56 Sin), J'nanin (56 Cler), Voltaic (11 Sorc)
Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehila - Siel View Post
Tell me more about this mystical DPS healing build you use?
Cause i know i have a Healing boost hp set for pve healing.
If i want to help dps i just change weapon and if im not really healing much at all i swap my armor with a simple macro.

thank you for all your answers yes im trying to dps and be a pvp cleric but ppl constantly keep turning me down saying stuff like "aa chanter heals better than you" or " you re a cleric stack on heal spec" blabla ...im working on a pvp gear but i also wanted to know what kind of manastones would be nice for both just in case... again ty for all ur answers :)
Old 09-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combusken - Tiamat View Post
[...] im trying to dps and be a pvp cleric but ppl constantly keep turning me down saying stuff like "a chanter heals better than you" or " you re a cleric stack on heal spec" [...] ...im working on a pvp gear [...]
Multiple things about this:
I understand people asking you to go heal spec because it's what most everyone think of with a cleric, but in pvp, the keys are, "reflex" and "survivability." I was healing lowbie Dredgion in 4/5 daevonian chain socketed with white HP. I proved to a lot of people that it's not the armor but the player. Would better armor and stones have helped? Yes, but I didn't want to spend the effort to make an MR or block set (Hboost didn't exist yet) when I was intending to level.

Honestly, I don't know how you play, how you do your keybinds, etc, so maybe you just don't have fast enough reflexes or really just not enough experience as a pvp cleric. The best thing to do is just go out there and learn, try different strategies and keybinds, figure out what makes you a better cleric. If you don't know what set to commit to building, HP is pretty straight down the middle because it gives you a little extra time to react if you're being hit, or your group to protect you. I don't mean to sound like a broken record with how many times I've mentioned an HP build - it's just what worked for me until I really decided on a set. The part I would recommend most about being a cleric is reflex, making sure you can instantly select the right heal or dispel and have the best cast speed you can for your level, because timing is everything in pvp.

A chanter heals better? Depends on the chanter, honestly. I've seen good and bad healers with clerics and chanters - it's about the player and what they prioritize in pvp. If you're wanting to be a dps cleric, then your group should know you're there to nuke, not strictly heal; so yes, the chanter will be helping heal. If you want to be a pvp cleric who mostly heals and throws DoTs and attacking pets, that's a different story - the chanter shouldn't be healing at all unless someone is being focused and you're compromised.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Asmodians

thank you for the tips , I m a noob at pvp cleric but...with the time i ll learn
Old 09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Elyos

We all have to start somewhere :)

My cleric is on Tiamat. I'd be happy to log in if you wanted to ask specific questions about the way my cleric is set up/geared (website doesn't always show equipment), though if Ehila is up for the same thing, you wouldn't have to worry about about how to talk since s/he is asmo.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Asmodians

Im not on tiamat so advising would be more difficult. I often find cleric chat ( channel ) helpful.

My biggest advice on pvp healing is dont be affraid to blow cooldowns and fast.

My other advice is just play the way you enjoy playing and you will get better at it.
I prefer to run eye solo or 2-3 man.
Be fast with dispels.

They way i found most of the people i play with is just by playing, randomly joining their group and having fun.

The other thing is as a cleric you WILL collect multiple sets of gear.
Some of mine are outdated like my MR set is still 2.7 era gear because i am lazy.