Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 54
Default DO NOT REPAIR!

To any one still having issues with the 1.9 patch:
DO NOT REPAIR!
Repair can only fix what has been added, the issue that 99% of you are having is that nothing is being added. The update is more than just having a file in your PTS folder. Downloading the File is only step 1, next the file must be verified, and then it can be installed.

Check your PTS folder if it still contains the NA AION 1.5.1.15 to 1.9.0.0 patch file then the update process never took place.
  #2  
Old 05-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 44
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

Don't know what you're on about, truthfully, but I restarted the launcher, repaired, and patched somewhere between 2-4 hours instead of the estimated 30. Runs great.
  #3  
Old 05-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 54
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarwings - Lumiel View Post
Don't know what you're on about, truthfully, but I restarted the launcher, repaired, and patched somewhere between 2-4 hours instead of the estimated 30. Runs great.
The problem comes from the fact that after most people downloaded the patch, the launcher never did anything with it. Basically if the update was downloaded and never installed there is nothing to repair.

edit: Did it make you download the patch over again?
  #4  
Old 05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 44
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

The huge 3gb file? No.

I had a 300mb file to download I believe that took the longest (connection isn't great, so not sure if a few hours was standard for anyone else), then it began downloading components? For 1.5-1.9.0. I can't recall in great detail, as I was more focused on the progress bar. *cough* But my time estimates were between around 2 to 3 hours with speeds varying between ~30 and 50 kbs every so often <_<
  #5  
Old 05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 54
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarwings - Lumiel View Post
The huge 3gb file? No.

I had a 300mb file to download I believe that took the longest (connection isn't great, so not sure if a few hours was standard for anyone else), then it began downloading components? For 1.5-1.9.0. I can't recall in great detail, as I was more focused on the progress bar. *cough* But my time estimates were between around 2 to 3 hours with speeds varying between ~30 and 50 kbs every so often <_<
Ok. The problem most people were having was that the 3.2GB was not recognized and by repairing they were forced to download it again.
  #6  
Old 05-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 44
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

Oh ouch. Alright then. Good luck to those still having issues
  #7  
Old 05-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Asmodians
  • Rank: Commander
  • Posts: 610
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

It took me ~7 days to get it installed...it downloaded instantly.

But every day, about 3 times a day, it would open the NCsoft launcher and start installing the patch. first day it stopped on 13%

2nd day at 23%

3rd day at 50%

4th day at 50%

5th day at 67%

6th day at 75%

7th day at 100%

Now note that EACH day had it re open atleast 3 times.

It finally said successfully installed only 2 days or so ago. So not sure, but I might actually be underestimating the number of days it took me to install it.

It runs great..but it was a very annoying popup for about a week...

Fix your launcher NCsoft, it has some nooks you need to get smoothed out.
__________________
I hate to break it to you this way. But uhm...

I'm sexier than you <3
  #8  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 54
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirra - Siel View Post
It took me ~7 days to get it installed...it downloaded instantly.

But every day, about 3 times a day, it would open the NCsoft launcher and start installing the patch. first day it stopped on 13%

2nd day at 23%

3rd day at 50%

4th day at 50%

5th day at 67%

6th day at 75%

7th day at 100%

Now note that EACH day had it re open atleast 3 times.

It finally said successfully installed only 2 days or so ago. So not sure, but I might actually be underestimating the number of days it took me to install it.

It runs great..but it was a very annoying popup for about a week...

Fix your launcher NCsoft, it has some nooks you need to get smoothed out.
For all of us it installed yesterday (the 25th), 2 days ago you finished the download. The problem most people encountered was a result of the launcher not recognizing the downloaded patch, and not having a proper method of manual install.
  #9  
Old 05-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Elyos
  • Rank: Officer
  • Posts: 36
Default Re: DO NOT REPAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonamesleft - Nezekan View Post
For all of us it installed yesterday (the 25th), 2 days ago you finished the download. The problem most people encountered was a result of the launcher not recognizing the downloaded patch, and not having a proper method of manual install.
Look at my thread :P
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:22 AM.