View Poll Results: What should be done about this?
Remove cabinets from the NPCs 2 6.90%
Add new recipies 14 48.28%
Remove cabinets and add new recipies 8 27.59%
Construction sucks, who cares 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Elyos
Exclamation Construction on 3.5

Construction is (in my oppinion) the most annoying and expencive crafting to master.
First the fluxes cant be bought, you need to buy fluxes, depend on your pet, or try to find it around the housing area...
as you get to a high level you have to collect all your materials or have lots of kinah because as soon as you reach the mastery level stuff becomes really expencive to make and not so expencive to sell...
Exmple (in the siel server): Beshu costs around 14k each wille the candles (that require 14 of those + other materials) sell on the average of 9k, meaning that to level and become a master you are wasting your kinah.
The only real kinah making construction items are the cabinets, but now with the 3.5 update, cabinates are avaliable at the shugo NPC near the studio entrance.
Meaning that if you are a construction master you only have 2 oppitions:
1) sell your cabinets cheaper and try to make some profit 9the npc sells it for 860k)
2) just give up and master something else to be able to make some money

If NCSoft removed those cabinets from the market, construction masters would have their jobs back.
Or they could add new special recipies for construction, allowing us to make different and better products then the npc.

Taking the cabinets from construction crafters made an extremelly hard crafting to master into something hard and useless

Please post your oppinion on this matter and if you have any other idea on how this issue can be solved, please post it as well.
Thank you ^.^
Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Construction on 3.5

Pretty much everything a construction master can make is now for sale on the website. All the special chairs and beds that require boss killing and being lucky enough to get the drop are for sale. So yes you are correct, its very expensive to level and the return is pretty poor.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Elyos

I agree. Aside from the things the OP already mentioned, most of our customers were home owners and now that home owners can buy all the nice new furniture that's gonna drive us right out of business too. If the NPCs are selling new stuff, let the real life people make new stuff too, so we aren't driven out of business by a computer.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Elyos

My Templar is expert in Construction, but frankly she has taken up Alchemy to pursue for Mastery. I don't even sell anything, I just make stuff for my friends.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Asmodians

I mastered construction on my glad. I wanted to be able to make the 2 drawers to sell and some of the other neat things I saw we could make. About the time I mastered it (to the tune of around 60m kinah) all the nice things I could make were on the website for sale. Now the cabinets, have different names so you could get one of theirs and one of mine and use both. But everything else is there for the transferring of those sweet nc Coins. I would like to see some more designs that are NOT available on the web site. Hopefully one day i will
Old 10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Asmodians

yes, there are many things we could make that aren't available in the game. **thinking fireplaces here**

Windows would be cool, more table designs, outside fencing, sheds, more bookshelf designs.
Children are FBI agents
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Elyos

This is what might motivate me to go through the hassle of Mastery, but frankly those candles suck, I can't even begin to fathom the logic of having a bed require less experience than a stupid candle, except I guess the ability to gather the mats.

The whole expert to mastery process should be revamped to be a little more useful and interesting and yes I would like some Fireplaces, Windows, Planters, Vanity/Dressing Table, Hassocks, -- actual furniture. It would also be nice if the furnishings had descriptive and correct item names.

A hassock is not a small couch. I would be happy calling it a tuffet or pouffe, as well, but it would be best to call it an Ottoman and make it one drawer storage.

How about coffee tables, Curtained french doors, and long drapes to give some warmth to the rooms? Pianos, harps, bookshelves. Yes it's probably far too much to ask. This is no Oblivion.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Elyos

shameless bump

i was *going* to master construction, but with the lack of designs (no balic, no wrights of dawn and the second-least amount of designs from the regular salesperson), the difficulty in obtaining fluxes (nanyu/fine cabinets are 20m on siel-elyos), and ncstore/npc competition it doesnt seem worth it

with the introduction of the 'leaf' furniture to village merchants (which tbh looks better than 95% of what we can craft) there is almost no furniture that we can sell

what i wouldve liked to have seen in 3.5 was the introduction of new construction recipes - every single other craft got new recipes.
if the leaf furniture had been made into construction designs, and possibly the paints, i wouldve gladly mastered construction

tl;dr more designs, easier to obtain fluxes, less outside competition for more player competition
Old 10-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeneris - Siel View Post
and possibly the paints,
you know what?since they made so few and ugly pant colours, they really should add more and following this proposal make them craftables only. So we get those few colours as free from plants + more options from crafters.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Elyos

I got into construction to craft nice items for my alt and main.

But ... I cannot find - complete guides - to show me what the finished designs look like.

I am making screen shots of what I do run across and saving them.

Is construction going to get better? I really like making nice things for my homes...