Old 10-31-2012, 05:40 AM
Elyos
Default Re: 10/31 maintenance: block lists cleared of banned accounts!

This is great, thanks! :D
Though yeah, I hope they didn't accidentally clear out our friend's lists too...>_<

Also, from what I've noticed so far - setting your status as "OFFLINE" under v [Opens up your Friend's List] seems to stop the Goldspammer/Bot whispers. Not sure if it's different on other servers, though. But just thought I'd let you guys know =]
Old 10-31-2012, 05:58 AM
Asmodians

thank you ncsoft you done a great job my block list is clear as of login and no spams yet at all. good job
Old 10-31-2012, 06:30 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnies - Israphel View Post
This is great news, thankyou!

However one thing has me worried... this hasn't been tested... (test server is long gone). I just hope I don't lose my friends, or don't lose those on my block list who aren't spammers (ie ninjas & douchebags).
I recommend using your memo pad to try to keep track of those :/ Cause I'm afraid hey'll be on the loose
Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Elyos

lol yea after the last chat update (not being able to speak till level 20), you'd think i'd be going thru a full block list much less. I have gone thru over 12 full block lists. I've sat there deleting manually each blocked RMT to reuse my block list.

This helps but its again only a band-aid. I hope this isnt the "more permanent" solution that was being talked about after the last chat update i mentioned above. You guys really need to give us more control over our chat. Allow us to pick the level requirement of who can whisper us and who's messages we see in public chats. As some1 mentioned above allow us to choose accepted individuals/legions that can whisper us.

I know you cant keep the RMTs out completely, but you need to take care of them more often then a weekly basis. I mean the amount of people and time you have on communications side of the business (twitter, facebook, customer support, forum mobs, etc), why not just make it a duty of one (maybe two people) to actually log into the game daily for say 1 hr and ban any RMTs they see. It's not like you have to do much investigating to see if they are actually RMTs (its quite obvious).
Old 10-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Asmodians

YES. :D. Thank you!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:22 AM
Asmodians

Haleluia brothers!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CC}Kesarin - Tiamat View Post
Happy Halloween! There will be a maintenance tomorrow, Wednesday, 10/31, from 5:30 to 9:00 AM Central Time.

Starting with tomorrow's maintenance, every week we will be clearing players' block lists of permanently banned accounts! This means that banned accounts--including RMT spammers!--will no longer take up space in your block list! We will continue to perform this function every week.

Thank you for your patience during this maintenance period.
False advertisement! (..getting used to it by now..)

The block list has been fully cleared regardless of the status of the target account ( accounts still active have been removed from the block list too).

So basically you posted and advertised about a new feature that is roughly a :
/selectAll
/delete

Great , I see that we are making tremendious progress at Ncsoft lately

What's next? Implementing ctrl+c ?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrielle - Israphel View Post
False advertisement! (..getting used to it by now..)

The block list has been fully cleared regardless of the status of the target account ( accounts still active have been removed from the block list too).

So basically you posted and advertised about a new feature that is roughly a :
/selectAll
/delete

Great , I see that we are making tremendious progress at Ncsoft lately

What's next? Implementing ctrl+c ?
You are correct. They just cleared out the block list without much of validation. I have blocked legitmate players spewing unnecessary rubbishtalk in vacrious occasions. They are certainly standing right in front of me yet my block list is empty. Banned account only? I don't think so.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Elyos

My block list isn't cleared...it's still full. >.>
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephe - Siel View Post
My block list isn't cleared...it's still full. >.>
Same, my block list wasn't cleared.