Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Elyos
Default Level 55 Crucible gear?

I'm 54 with a goal of 55 this week. I have 0 pvp gear and want to grab some with my saved up courage and insignia's. I do ok in the 55 coliseum without it, but could always do better. I'm sure I will get destroyed in the 56- 60 bracket without any kind of pvp defense as those people have been there a while so I want to pick up some 55 gear to easy the pain a little.

I am wondering for elyos which set is a decent set ( doesn't need to be best) that could maybe be used for pvp / pve? I have read the cloth 55C1, but I'm unsure which that actually is. Is 55C1 the Divine armor merchant, not the veteran? Veteran would be EC2?

Thanks for the advice
Old 11-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Level 55 Crucible gear?

If you're planning to level I'd suggest you to save up for the lvl 60 cruci armor. The added magic suppression will help you a lot against magical classes.

But if you're in a rush to get any set, get the 55 EC1 which is a lot cheaper and later do the upgrade. Any of the PvP sets can be used for PvE as well especially if you slot MR.

If you want to solo in PvE you might want to get a MB set, but for that even miragent should do the trick.

Tyd's whale hips pocket heals, nooblet blonde and wannabe sorc. Rawr! <3 | Destie rocks!

GROW YOUR OWN DOPE - PLANT A BLONDE
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhyn - Tiamat View Post
I'm 54 with a goal of 55 this week. I have 0 pvp gear and want to grab some with my saved up courage and insignia's. I do ok in the 55 coliseum without it, but could always do better. I'm sure I will get destroyed in the 56- 60 bracket without any kind of pvp defense as those people have been there a while so I want to pick up some 55 gear to easy the pain a little.

I am wondering for elyos which set is a decent set ( doesn't need to be best) that could maybe be used for pvp / pve? I have read the cloth 55C1, but I'm unsure which that actually is. Is 55C1 the Divine armor merchant, not the veteran? Veteran would be EC2?

Thanks for the advice
Yes, the veteran sells the C2 gear.

Usually, I'd say to go for the best gear possible, or you'd regret wasting your insignias on something stupid. But, you're right. When you get to the 56-60 bracket it is a whole new ballgame and while you could get by with mediocre gear and rely on skill from 46-50 and then from 51-55, you are going to be facing people with +15 Eternal weapons and massive amounts of pvp attack and defense.

However, you have a lot of people in your position. There are a lot of returning players who haven't played in awhile. There are also a lot of new players. On my cleric, I would typically win 90% of my matches. However on some of my other characters who aren't as geared as she is (my SM, Ranger, Chanter, and other Cleric) it is usually about 50% of the time that I win.

One thing that I usually make sure to do on my lesser geared characters is that I've personally noticed trends on the day/time when better geared players tend to queue up. Weeknights, usually towards the end of the window seem to give you better odds of getting someone who isn't crazy geared. I usually notice more geared players on the weekends, during the day, and at the beginning of the window in the evenings.

www.Andibelle.com Twitter-@Andibelle1221
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Elyos

Ok so getting this set, it sounds like I should slot MR for it? I have Sky Dragon Emperor's Staff to combine with a pvp staff. And I also have the mithril set socketed all mb.

Andibelle,
Thanks for your response also. At 54 I am winning 4 out of 7 matches it seems, but I tend to save them and do them all on the weekend. Didnt think about using late on a weekday. Maybe I'll try that.

I understand the 60 gear will be better. Maybe I can get 55 and hang in that range for a while to hopefully replenish the courage faster.

Last edited by Sephros - Kahrun; 11-07-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhyn - Tiamat View Post
Ok so getting this set, it sounds like I should slot MR for it? I have Sky Dragon Emperor's Staff to combine with a pvp staff. And I also have the mithril set socketed all mb.
Yeah, you'll want MR for pvp.

The mithril coin set is more than adequate for pve. You can socket it how you like. That's also a really nice staff. : D

www.Andibelle.com Twitter-@Andibelle1221
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Elyos

Thanks to you both for the input.