Old 11-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Asmodians
Default Need Feedback from Aion NA for European players

Hey guys !

So here is the thing: A LOT of Aion players are very disappointed in how GameForge runs the game back here in Europe. It is so bad that we are willing to start over on NA servers (meaning that we will lose our gears and that we will have to play with 100+ ping, so yeah it's really bad over here).

That's why we would like to ask for some feedback like:
How is the support team ? (Here in Europe they don't know nothing about the game, I mean literally, like they ban people for Jumpshooting and AACing because they think it's a no-anim hack, and if you get Frapsed while having a rollback you get banned for no-gravity... True stories sadly)
Are there many cheaters ? (That's a tricky question so please whiners go away, when I say cheaters I mean obvious no-gravity hack, no animation and such... So if you see a hacker whenever you get wrecked you're not the kind of guy I want feedback from)
I am sure the old servers like Tiamat are full Zerg, but is there a chance to PvP alone / in groups of 2 or 3 ppl without getting zerged all the time ? Or are there 50 ppl waiting at the exit points of every stream in the Eye ?

If you have any other piece of info that we could use to make up our minds, please feel free to share. You can PM if you think you'll get moderated :)

Thanks

Last edited by Furifuri - Israphel; 11-18-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Need Feedback from Aion NA for European players

How is the support team ?

Excellent. They usually reverse any stupid things you do that are technically possible. I've bought 3000 of the wrong crafting material (Costing me a few hundred mil), that was reversed in 2 days. Scams (Depending on the context) are rectified, and I've been accidentally banned once, but it was fixed the next working day (an error in the system when 3.0 launched).

Are there many cheaters? - While I have no doubt that they're out there, I've never faced one. So there can't be many.

Don't worry too much about the ping. People living right next to the servers still get a 50+ ping, and anyone outside of Texas normally gets 100+, you won't be at a huge disadvantage because you're from the EU. I have a 150-200 ping and I'm from the UK. I don't come across any problems as a Glad.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 AM
Asmodians

there really arent many hackers. tbh ive not seen many obvious ones i came back about 4 months ago and i can count the fishy things ive seen on 1 hand. support seems to be good. forums are deadish. and certain servers are better than others. here on siel alot of people help out its a pretty friendly community besides teh egos.

from what ive read on the EU servers... well NA is a HUGE step up..... in terms of community and services from players and staff alike...
Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Elyos

As fail as NC soft North America is, it's still 100x better than game forge. You don't really need my detailed opinions because they're apt to start a flame war, but seriously, roll on NA. You'll never regret it. Gameforge is terribad.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Asmodians

The only serious disadvantage you face playing from Europe is the timing of the major events such as sieges, dredgion and arenas. Weekdays most all occur too late for the majority of European players and the NA production team has little to no flexibility to alter those times.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo - Israphel View Post
I've bought 3000 of the wrong crafting material (Costing me a few hundred mil), that was reversed in 2 days.
They can reverse items from broker?, or just npc?.

Now about Furifuri questions.

-I think support in NA is Good, the staff is professional.

-About cheaters, well there is scammers, Kinah sellers, rude people, but idk about hacks.

-And about Zerg in eye, well it hapends alot xd, eye is designed for group pvp. But there are others zones where u can do a solo pvp tough, like gelkmaros, inggison even eltnen all those zones with the new guards from 3.5 etc.

Last edited by Sereny - Kahrun; 11-18-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Asmodians

I would tell anyone from EU to come to NA asap and to make sure that if they do so they base their server decision on which faction they would like to play

Asmo - Siel, Israphel, Tiamat
Elyos - Kahrun

I would also lean toward rolling an asmo if you weren't set on either faction due to getting a free set of 50e and a 55 crucible weapon for doing so along with some other small perks. With Fast-Track server and buying a few xp amulet from cash shop you can get to end game in about a month and be well on your way to being at least somewhat pvp competitive.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereny - Kahrun View Post
They can reverse items from broker?, or just npc?.
Not sure about the broker. I craft the same thing so much, that I don't even look at what I'm doing. I know exactly where the items are on the NPC sales windows to buy, and I bought them... Problem was they were moved in a patch...

Broker's a lil more complicated, so I don't know.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Elyos

Its not that pink as others painted but the staff here is much better than the one from GF. I mean, they dont ban you for stupid reason, actually I dont think they ban ppl for anything, even hacking, just rarely some goldspammers, which you have to block several of them, every few hours. Anyway, unlike the GF servers, the ping is much higher even for americans themselves. The servers population is lower overall but prepare for massive discrepancy between elyos and asmo population. Also, many dont speak english at all, they also like to KS you all day long, your own faction. You will also miss the most important events of the day like forts or arena of glory and other things but its playable if you dont aspire for much. I hope something will change in the future with GF server but ppl not playing there, as a protest, its a step forward.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Elyos

My only real serious beef is the spammer problem. Which sure beats your hacker problem.
Also, pay2win etc but GF does it worse eh? Yeah, welcome to Israphel, folks.

From my lowbie point of view, semi new myself, about 2 months but taking it slow (due to exams) so still in the 20s, I found the fast track server to be great, I don't go long before seeing someone else, usually there's at least one person on my field of view. Haven't come across a single hacker, though I didn't keep an eye out specifically for them. Plenty of botters though, and I can't get to sanctum without being spammed to death. Still possible to block them though but new ones show up when I visit again an hour later.

Other than that my experience so far as a lowbie taking it easy has been mostly positive, and so I'd reckon you wouldn't have any early problems moving here.

Last edited by Kirumin - Israphel; 11-19-2012 at 01:02 AM.