Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Elyos
Default Tips & Tricks

Keep it simple, post your tips and tricks here. Even somewhat obvious tips to experienced players are useful to those who are just starting, or that this is their first MMO.

1st Tip:
Upgrading your soulbound armor? Don't sell the old armor to the vendor - use extraction tools on the pieces to get enchantment stones and sell those on the AH (if you don't need/want them) - you will get far more money this way than from the vendor.

2nd Tip:
Double-XP weekends are not just double-XP; gathering and crafting skill increases are doubled as well which means it takes half the number of gatherings/recipes to raise up your skill. For gathering this is good, for crafting it's a double-edged sword since while you can do less work orders to level up your skill, you're also turning in less work orders and getting less recipe drops.

3rd Tip:
When you get white drops that you're thinking of trying to sell on the AH, check first how much they'd sell to the vendor. Some items sell to the vendor for nearly the same amount on the AH, and other items sell for far more than what you could get for them on the AH.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Tips & Tricks

Quick 5/5 Daevanion guide: requires a double xp weekend and at least 1.3million kinah per toon

make 4 alts that play crucial roles in group, i picked sorc/temp/cleric then ranger for a rifting toon. lvl these alts to 10 and park them in panda.

when double xp weekend starts transfer 1.3ish million kinah to a the toon you wanna lvl.

pick up cooking and start doing work orders. if you want to lvl faster then you can hit craft all but its more expensive that way. buying enough mats for 10 workorders will usually get you 10-12 points so plan accordingly.

by the time you hit 399 you should be 23-24, you can keep crafting or to save money grind any mobs ur lvl to 25 so you can enter the abyss.

after u enter abyss pick up all the NTC quests, buy placeholder gear, and wait for NTC groups to form while you log another lvl 10 alt and work on his cooking

at this point i tend to only use NTC to lvl up till 29, since i have several toons i can rotate them into the groups and i have a main to play in between. when they hit 29 i grind mobs my lvl to 30 and then i'm done.

the crafting bit takes about 12-14 hours per toon, so i suggest having some movies to watch. i personally went through like.. 5 seasons of house when i worked on my first two toons. i just played in windowed mode and had the video over the game so all i could see was the progress bar, crafting screen, and the workorder npc

edit: Lodas and the quest lodas amulets work with crafted xp, and if you log out for 45ish minute at lvl 20, the 5% rested xp will last you to 25
Old 04-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Asmodians

since my other post wasnt very simple heres some quick tips and tricks for you

1. Shift+F12 turns off all character models if they arent grouped with you. this helps lag at forts and high pop areas immensely

2. Consider rebinding fly/land to F and Shift+F, or any other combination of keys. reason for this is the regular keybinds are kind of obtrusive, and if you try and use the toggle wings from the skill book you'll find yourself clipping ur wings and falling to ur death in frantic or laggy situations

3. Make a chat radar to spot the opposite faction from a greater distance. Make a new chat tab, drag it somewhere you'll notice. go to tab options and uncheck everything except for the "enemy" options under the "combat - others" section. turn the text a bright color. this will detect enemies from up to 3 radar lengths away, but only if they are doing something. for instance healing/dpsing/taking dmg/buffing. if they are just roaming around looking to gank you'll still be dead before u notice the chat radar
Old 04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Asmodians

More helpful tips...

so in games like guild wars for example, go to google.com / search guild wars wiki
and suddenly you have 2 of the best possible "info sites" you could ever ask for

but what about aion?

here are a few we aion lovers should know about
-aion.mmosite.com

-aionarmory.com

-aionproject.net

whether it's a quest, armor preview, item stats, gathering locations, rift locations, you name it, you ***MIGHT*** find it,
so please enjoy
---
edit due to finding kinah buying ad on aionproject.net...

anways, i'm sure most know by now that
kinah buying CAN lead to getting your account banned, stolen, and other BAD THINGS
so try to avoid those if you value the time and money you spent playing aion
thanks.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Elyos

When fighting in a group against a single mob, remember that only 8 debuffs will be active on a boss at any one time. The last 8 actually. Any additional debuffs put on will knock off the oldest one.

So try to do some planning as to which debuffs should be on. If you have a debuff and it is not very powerful, don't put it on. Reserve the debuff spaces for important debuffs like silences and such.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amni - Meslamtaeda View Post
2. Consider rebinding fly/land to F and Shift+F, or any other combination of keys.
I remapped mine to Fly = z and land = x.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Elyos

You can check your sales through the Aion website. After you log into the website, click on your character name in the upper left hand corner and a drop down menu will (should) appear where you can select "Broker and Post Status". It will default to your main character but above the broker status is a pulldown menu for each of your characters on the server. I do this before logging into Aion so I know which characters I need to check.

Don't forget to log into ncsoft, check your Aion game account, and apply veteran rewards to your characters. You get a new reward every month plus Lodas Amulets and Res Stones. These rewards don't expire so if you happen to make a new character - you don't want to apply all the items at once since it will fill up your inventory, just apply the items you need.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Elyos

Repeatable coin quests can sometimes be very long and boring. Take the time and effort to do as many as possible, either to sell the coins or to redeem them.

Redeeming coins nets you some nice gear sometimes, or even if you can't use it, you can extract the enchantment stones and make a quick buck. Platinum coin farming for levels 46 and higher is a moderately profitable business. 2000 coins nets you a nice gold weapon with +19% attack speed, crucial for pvp and Balaur farming. If you're more finantially inclined, keep the coins and sell off the demon eyes, which go for anywhere from 20k to 40k.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Asmodians

Quick tip, As others have said bind you're flight key, I use ~ for flight, heck that could even be used for a skill, I put the action toggle flying then binded it so it turns on flying and turns off on the same butten, Cheers and GL
Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Elyos

Re: veteran rewards, if it has not already been said, you can also leave things that you can't use yet in the mail. You can then hit the little express button at any time to get at the letter the item is in, just open that letter, and leave the others for later.
Closed Thread