Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Asmodians
Default GM Policy Changes for Truly Free

Hi all,

With the coming of Aion®: Ascension™and Truly Free™ we've reviewed all aspects of the Aion Game Master service to determine whether there was anything that could be changed to be a better fit in the context of Truly Free and Aion: Ascension. These changes are listed below.

1. Crafting Skill Removal: We have historically supported the removal of crafting skills of a certain level at customer request. Our support team will no longer remove crafting skills. We will no longer offer this service simply because it will now be possible to have Master or Expert crafting skills reduced to a non-expert level through in-game means. To do this, just talk to the trainer for the expert or master profession that you wish to forfeit. The trainer will reduce your skill to 399 in exchange for a fee.

2. Safe Zone Rule for Ingisson and Gelkmaros: We will no longer enforce “safe zones” in Ingisson and Gelkmaros. When we first introduced the safe zone rule, we did so in large part because the development team indicated that it was not intended for enemy players to invade those areas. The reason for this change now is simply that the development team has introduced non-PvP zones in the 3.0 update. As the functionality is now there for the development team to disable PvP in any areas where they feel that it should not occur, we will no longer enforce the safe zone rule.

3. AFK/Non-Participation in Dredgion: We will do away with the rule against going AFK in the Dredgion without permission from the rest of the group.

There were a number of reasons for this change. Perhaps the biggest factor is that the usage patterns of the Dredgion have changed a lot since the rule was introduced, and it is quite common for folks to enter the Dredgion primarily to work on quests or other tasks that don't necessarily involve winning a match. The rule also resulted in a number of folks being warned or suspended even though they were doing their best to abide by it, because things like real life emergencies or someone disconnecting from a pre-made AFK group are inevitable. Additionally, the rule has always been somewhat controversial, as many players simply didn't think it should exist at all.

For these kinds of reasons, we felt that the rule was no longer fulfilling the goals that we had for it. As a result, we've removed it and there are no longer any rules about participation in the Dredgion. If someone wishes to go AFK, they are free to do so. We recommend forming a pre-made group if you wish to ensure that the other people entering the Dredgion with you will have goals similar to yours, whatever those goals may be.

4. Extracted Item Restoration: We are no longer offering restorations of extracted items.

The reason for this change is primarily that the vast majority of requests that we receive are clearly attempts to re-roll better enchantment stones. We recently reviewed a large number of these support requests and found that even by the most optimistic standards, many of them were unquestionably attempts to get better stones. We only continued to offer the service to help those that made legitimate mistakes

Because the service was being frequently abused, we will no longer offer restorations of extracted items. Extraction is the only restoration request that involves a random result that we offered reversals for. This change makes our guidelines for extracted item restorations more consistent with our guidelines for other actions with random results. We still offer all of the other refunds and reversals that we did before, so please don't hesitate to contact us within 7 days if you accidentally purchased the wrong item, sold the wrong thing, or if there was any other mistake that did not involve a random component.

Thanks!
~spam
Old 04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Elyos
Default Re: GM Policy Changes for Truly Free

What about cases where extraction was clearly in error? I've gotten close to extracting my 50e a few times by having multiple sets in my inventory and I don't think anybody in their right mind would bother doing that for stones.

So spake the Seraph Abdiel, faithful found
Among the faithless, faithful only he;
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by {GM}spamSL - Siel View Post

2. Safe Zone Rule for Ingisson and Gelkmaros: We will no longer enforce “safe zones” in Ingisson and Gelkmaros. When we first introduced the safe zone rule, we did so in large part because the development team indicated that it was not intended for enemy players to invade those areas. The reason for this change now is simply that the development team has introduced non-PvP zones in the 3.0 update. As the functionality is now there for the development team to disable PvP in any areas where they feel that it should not occur, we will no longer enforce the safe zone rule.
Hmmm - I would like some clarification if you don't mind. Does this mean:

A) The developers have flagged the zones that were previously flagged as safe zones "non-PvP" zones.

or

B) We are going to see lvl 60's camping the fortresses in Ing/Gelk to gank level 50's trying to level up.

I sincerely hope it's not option B.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasiphae - Siel View Post
Hmmm - I would like some clarification if you don't mind. Does this mean:

A) The developers have flagged the zones that were previously flagged as safe zones "non-PvP" zones.
Previously, zone one was restricted of inggison and gelkmaros (although you could get into then few a few clever jumps and glides.

To do this, is purely out of curiosity as if an Asmo were to kill an elyos (and vice versa)in zone one it would be rewarded with a 3 day ban (on first offense)

Now, and I kinda think his point is clear. you can freely PvP in the zone 1's
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liniena - Israphel View Post
Previously, zone one was restricted of inggison and gelkmaros (although you could get into then few a few clever jumps and glides.

To do this, is purely out of curiosity as if an Asmo were to kill an elyos (and vice versa)in zone one it would be rewarded with a 3 day ban (on first offense)

Now, and I kinda think his point is clear. you can freely PvP in the zone 1's
I don't think it's clear at all. Do you realize how insanely stupid this would be? You would have lvl 60 jack#$#$ camping the entrances to the forts and Taloc's
24/7 one shotting lvl 50's...if they want to completely kill off Aion for good, by all means drive away more than 50% of your playerbase.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
I don't think it's clear at all. Do you realize how insanely stupid this would be? You would have lvl 60 jack#$#$ camping the entrances to the forts and Taloc's
24/7 one shotting lvl 50's...if they want to completely kill off Aion for good, by all means drive away more than 50% of your playerbase.
There will be changes in 3.0 where enforcing the safe zone will no longer be needed. Also to put this into perspective, NA was the only territory that enforced the safe zone (well, I guess that GF is now doing it.) While the dynamics of combat will change in the area, I have a strong feeling it will not ruin the game.

Last mashed by {GM}spamSL - Siel; 04-06-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Fixed my bunk spelling.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Elyos

Quote:
There will be changes in 3.0 where enforcing the safe zone will no longer be needed. Also to put this into persepctive, NA was the only territoriy that enforced the safe zone (well, I guess that GF is now doing it.) While the dynamics of combat will change in the area, I have a strong feeling it will not ruin the game.
Are we possibly talking about the implementation of PVP/PVE channels? Or the possibility of a Flagging System? *Hopes and prays that's what you're talking about...*
Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Asmodians

Okay....the dredgion rule change. Not everybody can get into a pre-made group, especially if they don't have the gear for them. Allowing anyone to go afk at any time for no reason at all...you do realize that you are heavily favoring the elyos here right? Since the asmo's are the ones that tend to go afk and screw their groups over the most. As to not making a difference in the old safe zones,,,...can i ask just what you are smoking to believe for one second that level 55+'s will not be camping the old safe zones? i know they will because i would if i were that big of a jerk which most of the people playing on the NA servers tend to be.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Elyos

In an effort to reword SPAMSL's Zone 1 description:

Zone 1 is no longer a "Get banned if you PVP" area, you just CANT PVP any more. It's not possible.

Is it possible to change Dredge to be able to kick people then?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
it's no different than the 50 twinks in Belu/Heiron killing under geared lvl 30-45's

PvP happens.

Also:
Quote:
There will be changes in 3.0 where enforcing the safe zone will no longer be needed. Also to put this into perspective, NA was the only territory that enforced the safe zone (well, I guess that GF is now doing it.) While the dynamics of combat will change in the area, I have a strong feeling it will not ruin the game.
That^

Last mashed by Liniena - Tiamat; 04-06-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Tags
afk, crafting, dredgion, extraction, restore, safe zone, skills